Click here to list ALL Makes
Opel Manta 400 rep. Many rare / original parts!!! For Sale (1978)Offered for sale my stunning Manta 400 replica. This car was reputed to have been original built to take part in the Thunder Saloon series, but as i understand she never got fully converted. She has been off the road for many years and needs a complete rebuild (rot on swan necks, jacking points etc) or would be a super donor.
That said she has many very expensive and original Manta 400 parts, these include:
* Complete Manta 400 Rally bodykit. This is the wider rear track kit and includes lightweight fibreglass vented bonnet and Bootlid incorperating 3 piece spoiler.
* Quad headlights with correct Hela lamps.
* Correct Manta 400 5 link rear axle incorpating 3.44 ratio 40% ZF LSD.
* Full 400 5stud conversion.
* 3 piece propshaft.
* Rare 3 piece Compomotive alloys. All correct offset to fill out the arches and the same alloys as used by the Andrews Heat for Hire Team, http://www.flickr.com/photos/si558/2350396346/in/photostream/
* Uprated brakes and suspension.
She is currently fitted with a set of Manta Recaro seats and has a Getrag 240 gearbox (5 speed). The shell has been strengthened in areas
Mechanically the car is a non runner, this is due to a broken chain guide. She rolls freely and as can be seen looks stunning in the pics. Please remember that she requires a comprehensive rebuild, but included in the sale (at the right price and if desired) are 2 good used doors, a used but excellent roof skin (NON SUNROOF) and a low milegae (65k) Manta GTE engine with complete loom, ECU, Air-flow meter, rad etc.
I really didn't want to have to sell her as cars with these specific parts rarely come up for sale, but regrettably I'm selling her and some of my private collection as i'm considering a business opportunity.
I'd love for her to go to a real Opel enthusiast and happy to allow viewings by prior arrangemet.