Click here to list ALL Makes
DUCATI 250 MKIII Bevel single For Sale (1974)This is a superb Ducati 250 MK 3 Bevel single in Blue & Gold ready to ride or restore to concours.
This is a genuine Italian Ducati (not the Spanish Motrans version), with all the right parts present.
It is in good condition for a 35 year old bike and is a good runner and well sorted.
The bike comes complete with 12 months Road Tax, one year's MOT and a tank of petrol.
It is the ideal bike for the Moto Giro D'Italia, VMCC runs, and general purpose motorcycling.
There are a few scratches and marks on the bike, but they are relatively minor and what you would expect of a bike of this vintage.
Originality: Here is a detailed list of key equipment fitted to this bike:
• The two Smiths 2.5 inch clocks with the DUCATI logo printed on the faces. This is very rare to find this type of clock because most of them fell apart over the years and were replaced with un-branded versions.
• Original Ducati clip-ons (an optional extra) complete with original handlebar controls, choke lever and control levers fitted. The Grimeca twin-pull brake lever assembly is complete.
• Correct seat with strap and alloy side strips. The seat has been recovered recently, probably by R K Leighton. It is in very good condition and has the correct Ducati logo printed on it. The seat base is black powder coated.
• Silencer is the Conti-type of the period, which sounds great.
• Dellorto VHB 29A square bodied carburetor.
• Front mounted footrests and Ducati rubbers, with correct and original heel and toe gear change lever, brake lever and kick start lever.
• Correct type side panels and tool boxes.
• CEV rear light unit and number plate holder.
• CEV brake light switch - the rare one!
• CEV dip switch and horn button.
• Aprilia 150mm headlight with 3 x pilot lights, Aprilia on/off light switch and ignition switch. Lens is a Cibie 150mm Halogen bulb unit.
• Front brake is a 200mm four shoe double-sided Grimeca which is correct.
• Rear brake is a standard Ducati 180mm twin shoe brake.
New parts or work carried out by previous owner in last 5 years:
• Both tyres are good. Front is an Avon Speedmaster Mark II 300 x 19 (3.10mm of tread), rear is Avon Roadrunner 4.10 x 18 (4.75mm of tread)
• Hagon Alloy rims and stainless steel spokes - both wheels rebuilt
• Chain and sprockets
• Front a rear brakes relined (6 shoes in total) Brakes work well.
• Seat recovered
• Most frame and body parts powder coated and/or painted
• Some minor engine work - we think.
Work done in November 2010 by Brian Silver of Moto Marianna:
• Full service and check-over
• Oil change and oil filter cleaned
• New Battery fitted
• Valves checked and correctly adjusted (screw & lock nut type)
• Ignition Timing checked and correctly adjusted (Ducati Electronica)
• Charging checked - produces +14 volts
• Carburetion checked and correctly adjusted (118 main jet 140 pilot)
• Cables lubricated and adjusted
• Chain lubricated and adjusted
• Electrics inspected and good connections made where necessary
• Fitted new Transducer and checked working
• New spark plug and cap fitted
• Over 20 hours of specialist labour has been carried out to ensure this bike is in good running order
• Bike has been road tested and it goes, handles and stops well
• Engine starts easily, is smooth and runs well
• 5-speed gearbox checked on road test; good gear selection in both directions and neutral is easy to find
• Swing arm checked and lubricated.
This bike is rare, good, original, sorted and ready to ride.