Click here to list ALL Makes
1934 DeSoto Airflow Coupe - a very Rare 1 of 34 made Project For Sale
|1934 DeSoto Airflow Coupe - |
Located in the USA.
1934 DeSoto Airflow Coupe...classic and collector car.
Very rare year and model.
Only eight 34 Coupes are known to exist.
- This was the first year for the Airflow and it was a milestone car in automotive history.
- Just look at any other 34 car and you will see the obvious streamline styling difference.
- Other differences were the engine was placed over the front axle to move the cab forward.
- The rear seat was ahead of the rear axle rather than on top of it, as most cars of the day.
- The body was all metal unitized construction minimizing the need for a heavy frame.
Partial restoration has been done before owner passed away.
- The owner had raced Airflows in the 50ís and had a love for them his whole life.
-This car was being built as an all original driver not a trailer queen or custom.
- The engine and chassis have been rebuilt.
- The engine has not run for several years but was road tested.
- The chassis uses standard Chrysler parts of the day that are relatively easy to find. The original body had minimal rust and was straight.
- Minor rust, dings and dents have been fixed and the car is ready for final sanding and paint.
- The original color was an attractive metallic gun metal gray.
- The car has been stored inside for 40+ yrs.
- Most all of the hard to find interior and exterior trim and body parts are there and in good condition.
- I do not know that anything is missing.
- The tires are new.
- There is an extra engine (in parts) included as well. This is a very rare and excellent car that just needs to be finished to make a great road car.
Not all of the misc parts fenders , glass, bumpers, trim parts ect...are shown in these pics...
One of these restored cars was sold at the auction for $52,000, usd dollars.
- Serious collectors please...more pics coming and on request...
- This roller project car can be exported...at your cost...or about $1,500- more to the UK port...In a shared container for 5 weeks...
$20,000-- USD or American dollars...