Click here to list ALL Makes
1981 DeLorean - a Silver(~)Black Project with new parts 27k For Sale
Project DeLorean for sale - parts car - doner car...
Miles: 27k usa miles.
Recent experiences and circumstances have left me curious if I could sell my car.
It is a June '81 car. 5-speed, black interior.
- Frame-off restoration was started but incomplete.
- Car currently is mostly complete, but missing most of the inerior components.
Have a new Black interior kit and carpet and dash and alos a new rear bumper that needs to be installed.
- Car has a TON of new parts, many of which are not installed, all of the recalls performed and more. 99% of the car's steel parts have been powder coated including the frame, and most of the engine.
- All front suspension control arms have been boxed, new ball joints, rebuilt & powder coated brake calipers with stainless steel pistons and new pads, new fuel lines (no accumulator!), new fuel system, new wheel bearings all around, rebuilt & powder coated steering rack, Toby TABs, stainless steel radiator shroud with low-profile fans, new KYB suspension, brand new NOS (never been on a car) rear fascia, etc.
- There is very little on this car that has not been replaced with a new part (especially parts underneath the car), and no miles have been driven since.
- Needs about $2000 in parts to have a completely new interior.
- Already has a new dashboard, original binnacle (not cracked), new seat covers, complete new carpet set.
- Has been swapped over to the 3.0L engine with megasquirt EFI... Will start and idle, but has not been tuned extensively.
- Original transmission has a small leak, so another complete low-mile 5-speed transmission is included. Original transmission has Toby's strengthened input shaft coupler, which may have value if you're planning to boost the 3.0L currently in there.
See vids here of restoration work and idling:
Note: that the "trigger wheel" on the crankshaft pulley in the video has been replaced with a much slimmer one to allow mounting of the stock muffler.
This would be a good car for someone who has time to finish it, and doesn't mind learning about megasquirt.
- All of the "hard" fabrication stuff for the engine swap has already been taken care of already.
- The exhaust is the stock '82 muffler style, because I wanted the car to sound like a DeLorean and not a lawnmower.
Someone with the time o complete this car would find it far "better than new" when finished.
- There is not nearly enough space here to detail everything that's been done.
- Pictures can be provided to interested parties... If I can't sell, I will continue working on it until it's "finished."
- Serious collectors please… more pics coming and on request…
- This car can be export…at your cost…or about $1,400—more dollars… to the UK port… in shared container for 4 weeks…
$21,000-- USD or American dollars... Firm...
|This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts|