Click here to list ALL Makes
1971 Jensen Interceptor II - solid Project + New Paint $11k For Sale
|Now has new fresh paint job.|
Located in the USA...
Yes- new carb, body finished, freshly painted and some work on the chrome. I still need to hang the chrome.
Brakes always worked, and it doesn't smoke.
= The right exhaust manifold loosened (and needs re-tightening) since the bolts are up against the firewall.
((( So you know...I had another Euro buyer interested in this car and did an inspection.
The engine smoked and the brakes where so bad the inspector did Not want to drive it on the road.
The original 710 cfm was worn so I put on a new 670.
- The right exhaust manifold was loose, now tightened. Safe to drive- no problem.
- No test drive last time because the plates, tail-lights and bumpers were off for body/paint.
The rear bumper needs bench work and rechrome.
- Engine is stock and the AC system needs to be converted to 134A.
1971 Jensen Interceptor II - 2 door coupe - hardtop - Has Strong & Fast - Made In The USA V-8 muScles...
Lucas and Smith instruments (not Bosch or Hitachi) which means they need routine replacement every couple of years;
The Lucas ignition switch was just replaced with an OEM and should be good for only 6 months.
- Have all the trim, back bumper needs work; The worst is minor cancer around passenger valance and windshield frame.
- One day max with a gas torch and fiberglass.
- Strong Chrysler 383, rebuilt 727 torqueflite, tuned 670 Holley 4V,
- new high flow exhaust,
- posi rear, four wheel discs,
- high output alternator, electronic ignition, battery...
- Complete running car with lots of new parts.
- Restoration begun with recovered dash, console, seats, new heat exchanger, water pump, regulator, ignition components, ...... Bodywork 95% complete, now just needs primer and the ivory or white paint.
- Interior bucket seat lowers replaced with fresh leather. Back rests and bench are original and in good shape save three minor repairs for any cobbler.
- This is one of only 6408 Jensens built from 1966-76, only a fraction of which imported to the states. Its also one of the last type II's with 383 330HP power plants.
-The 440's which followed had lowered compression, less than 300HP, and decreased average 'fuel economy.'
-A car in this condition starts at $7000 in the U.S. -if you can find it... It costs 50% more, or $10,000 (1.42 Euro/$) plus transport if you want one shipped from overseas.
- It's the perfect American power train-Vignale design restoration project that will actually keep or increase in value.
-Same late 60's and early70's Ferrari and Maserati styling, but with higher output, reliable, low maintenance running gear.
- Finish it and cruise the neighborhood, or sell it back to the Brits... Collectors only please.
- Serious collectors please...more pics coming and on request...
- This car can be exported...at your cost...or about $1,500- more to the UK port...in a shared container for 5 weeks...
$11,500-- USD American dollars...very Firm...