Porsche 911 Turbo replica / Covin - VW - Kitcar SOLD (1971)
|Welcome to sale of my Covin 911 Turbo.|
- This particular Covin 911 is the more expensive purpose built space frame design and not those simply bolted to a Beatle chassis. It uses metal tubing that is jig built with a metal back bone and space frame design that is very light and extremely strong. (Very similar to those used in Porsche 911 Variants for Ice Racing) The main body and panels were factory fitted to ensure accurate alignment. The paint is Porsche Black, it cost £1000 and was done by Covin when the car was purchased In 1991.(Still in great condition considering its age)
- The car has been done as a race car and looks great with Cobra bucket seats, safety harness's, roll cage and basic interior along with rare BBS Alloys. It has plexi glass door windows with race style sliders and a removable steering wheel.
It has had all new brakes, bushes and fully adjustable coil over gaz suspension fitted last year (allowing you to setup suspension for track or road).
- Being a kit car, the donor car used was a 1971 VW Variant. This is what is on the log book (Tax Exempt).
- The engine fitted is a VW Type 4, 2.0l flat four with twin carbs. When I purchased the car last year I had the Carbs professionally striped down and rebuilt by Outermotive in Warwick.
- This car has had thousands spent on it in the past and I have a folder full of bills and receipts. I even have the original receipt from when it was bought brand new and the car also comes with the complete build manual.
- This car is a real head turner and is an excellent example of a Covin done well. As stated above the car is done as a race car and the suspension is currently setup for a firm ride. It is fully road legal but if you are planning on transporting it long distances I would suggest using a trailer/transporter. This can be arranged at buyers expense
- The MOT expired last month, but it will sail through and I am getting this done this week.
- Reason for sale is we just bought a flat and my time and money is going into that (Lucky me..NOT)
- Please contact me anytime for a viewing