Click here to list ALL Makes
1929 Essex Speedabout - Rare + clean Red Restored driver For Sale
Located in the USA.
The Essex Motor car company produced, small affordable automobiles. It had been created by the Hudson motor car company for the purpose of creating a smaller version of its super six.
- The first Essex was shown in 1919 after it had been delayed due to World War 1. The vehicle great quality, durability, and vibration free four cylinder motor made an instant success.
Over the years sales continued to escalate and propelled the Hudson motor car company in third place in overall sales for 1929.
Essex introduced their first value-priced Essex six in 1924, and for 1927 Essex offered the first 2 passenger speedabout.
- It had a distant design, interior Leather and special gear ratio. The lightweight construction and aerodynamic design gave the speedabout a top speed in the neighborhood of 70mph.
Essex did not offer the speedabout in 1927 but it did reappear in 1929, with just 5 known examples built. Biddle and Smart coachwork of Amesbury, Mass supplied the aluminum bodies, which include a rumble seat. Special gear ratios were fitted along with overdrive, the speed about was now capable of 80 mph.
- The Speedaboutsâ€™ were reportedly only built as show cars by Hudson, primarily to test feasibility for eventual volume production.
This speedabout Boattail Roadster was given a body off restoration with no expense spared, which the Guild of Automotive restores completed in 2002 for one of its executives.
- A mechanical rebuild of all its components was part of the process.
The engine is a L-Head 6 Cyl 161cubic inch which produces 55 hp.
- There is a 3 speed sliding gear transmission plus overdrive and four wheel mechanical brakes.
Serious collectors please…more pics coming and on request….
This car can be exported…at your cost…or about $1,500—dollars more…in a shared container for 5 weeks…
$124,999-- USD or American dollars...obo...