Lomax 223 three-wheeler SOLD (1979)
| LOMAX 223, BVR 935 T|
BVR 935 T started life as a Citroen 2 CV 6 four-door saloon, first registered on 1 February 1979. It passed through various hands, as evidenced by a DVLA search, which reveals that it became a “Kit-built vehicle, Tricycle” in 1997. The first MoT was in 2006, shortly thereafter changing its registration for a personalised one SDZ 106, before reverting back to its original number in 2008.
The present owner acquired it in an unfinished condition, the last MoT having expired in 2008. The mileometer (obviously a replacement for the original Citroen instrument) then read 67.6 miles. The unfinished electrical wiring was completed, and all systems are now functional; in addition, the mechanical regulator was replaced by an electronic one, which now shows a steady 13.5 volt charge. The following work has also been undertaken:
• Interior glass fibre painted black
• New rubber floor matting fitted
• New seats fitted
• Exhaust mounting rubbers replaced
• New low pressure sensor and warning light fitted
• Brooklands screens fitted
• Bonnet grilles fitted
• New moon disc wheel trims fitted
• Suspension tie rods greased and adjusted to give a higher ride
• Engine breather hose replaced
Carburettor stripped, cleaned, and reassembled with new gaskets and float needle valve
• In-line carburettor fuel filter fitted
• New gearchange linkage fitted
New rear brake shoes and all hydraulic cylinders replaced , and fluid changed
Coil and HT leads replaced
• Routine servicing carried out
• MoT and road fund licence renewed to March 2015
Some 500 miles have now been covered in present ownership, and the car has proved reliable, attracting a lot of favourable interest and comment. The car is being sold to create space for other projects. Spare parts are easily obtainable, at modest prices.
Purpose-built trailer and spares included in price.