Click here to list ALL Makes
Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 SOLD (1992)
|I’ve decided to sell my little project that I haven’t got the time or patience to finish due to other commitments/projects.|
I bought this car about 3 years ago now, and was aiming at tidying it up and generally restoring it, with the possibility of doing a couple of track days in it in the future.
Generally the car is in good working order, the paint work is a bit bad in places (bonnet, around the aerial on the roof, and on the top of the tail gate, where the previous owner drilled through to fit a spoiler), but the wings, doors, rear quarters and rest of the roof are in very good condition for a 22 year old car. There are some minor spots of rust on the lower rear quarters and a small piece of the top corner of the bonnet but it is all surface rust so quite fixable.
Mechanically it has had quite a bit of money spent on it. The list is as follows;
• The engine has had the belts and water pump changed
• both front wheel hub bearings have been changed
• New clutch and accelerator cables
• Full Ashley exhaust fitted
• New brake discs and pads
• New braided brake hoses
• New radiator
• New battery (that has been on trickle charge in the garage at all times)
• New spark plugs
• New filters and liquids
• New brake master cylinder
The car was lowered by the previous owner on different springs and shocks (koni dampers on the rear).
When I got the car it didn’t come with a huge amount of history (a couple of old MOT certificates), so I can only tell you the bits I have done to it.
The car is currently MOT’d, but that is due to expire in approx 2 weeks. There is no Tax on the car as it is currently SORN’d.
The bad points
• The drivers side front driveshaft seal is leaking slightly
• There is a small oil leak from the oil cooler
• The bonnet, front section of the roof and top of the tail gate needs some bodywork attention (see pictures)
• Drivers side bolster has flattened – as usual with these cars
• The airflow meter needs setting up properly as it does idle a bit high then low
• Brakes could probably do with re-bleeding
• Generally could do with a bit of a tidy up
• It has the phase 1 style gearbox on it (over and up type reverse)
• No stereo
• She starts, stops and goes very well
• Has a fairly good set of Yokohama prada spec 2’s on the car – 1 needing a repair as it has a slow puncture
• Comes with a spare set of standard 1.9 wheels with tyres
• Full performance exhaust system
• Full working sunroof
• Electrics work
• Interior is in good condition
• Body work is in pretty good condition
• Wouldn’t take much for someone with the right knowledge to sort out
I’d love to keep this car, as I am aware these cars keep going up in value, and I love the shape of the car, but i’ve already put a fair amount of money into it, so i’m thinking it would be best to cut my losses and focus on my other project (Clio 172 track car).
I think I’ve been as honest as I can be with the car, but I am no expert and there may be some bits I have missed.
The car is currently garaged, with a trickle charger on the battery. I’m going to just tidy it up over the weekend and give it a bit of a clean and polish (I’m a member of detailing world forum).
Please e-mail me (email@example.com) for contact details if you’d wish to talk to me or come and see the car.