Click here to list ALL Makes
One of the only 36 aluminum (design N.7122) built For Sale (1951)1951 BENTLEY Mk VI coach-built in aluminium by H.J. MULLINER
- One of the only 36 built.
- Remarkably original with a nice patina.
- 'Time warp' condition with almost all factory finishes preserved
- Matching numbers and a full complement of original accessories
- Most sought-after colour combination
- Not to be confused with the "Standard" all-steel bodied MkVI.
- A perfect example of the growing appreciation for untouched survivors.
- £8,000 recent expenditure at a Bentley Specialists garage.
- Half of its life owned by the Bentley Drivers Club treasurer.
- A delight to drive, as a Bentley should be.
4 1/4 Chassis B262LJ, from September 1951
Bodied with a 4 door 6 light sports saloon by H.J. Mulliner, to design n. 7122
Original engine n. B131L
Original registration n. MJJ20
'B262LJ' is in very well maintained condition, excellent mechanically and cosmetically. Being fastidious, however, there are minor cosmetic imperfections.
The odometer reads 88,000 miles (presumably genuine).
The paint is still excellent, for a 63 year old car, but with some minor blemishes and without the shine of a new paint.
All the body is in aluminium, rust is not an issue.
The chassis and all the underneath are sound.
The doors shut with a fantastic "clunk".
The interior is in excellent condition, beautifully trimmed in finest soft leather and perfect headlining.
The floor rug looks more modern.
The picnic tables are in "like new" condition.
Mechanically the car is exactly as it should be as regards oil pressure, running temperature, proper engine sounds, superb gearbox (extremely precise and easy) and clutch (light and smooth), brakes excellent, ample power. The engine starts on the button, every time (both when cold and when hot), it's effortless and pulls strongly from low revs without a hint of fuss. Smooth and powerful, always run cool. It never smokes. The steering is rather light for a car of this age and size, it makes the driving very easy, even in town, it's very precise, without any play and it’s perfectly manageable.
A delight to drive, as it should be. The smoothness, comfort, power and build quality of the H.J. Mulliner MkVI model are remarkable indeed.
A new battery was fitted in September 2013.
Tyres are Firestone, with only few miles on.
One of the most amazing original cars from the '50s. It still has its original paint, interior, hand tools, boot tools, spare wheel, keys, handbook. In more than half a century it has covered just 89,000 miles and exudes character and history. In 2012 £8,000 were spent on a major service to ensure everything works as it should (detailed invoice by R-R and Bentley Specialists come with the car).
Included with the car:
- absolutely complete tool-kit, in its special tray fitted in the dashboard,
- original jack with its handle,
- original wheel disc spanner,
- original tyre pump,
- original grease gun,
- original starting handle,
- original engine bay torch,
- backrest seat cover, in fabric, taylor-made by Oyler (The Car Taylor, 62 New Cavendish St, London),
- a modern, taylor-made Bentley car cover,
- original Service Handbook,
- a copy of the original build sheet,
- the book "Bentley Mk VI" by Martyn Nutland,
- the book "Bentley Mk.VI" by Bernard L. King
- a copy of the rare book "W.O. Bentley autobiography".
The car still has the DVLA registration document and its MOT to June 2014. Still the original registration!
You can see many pictures at this link: www.mulliner.shutterfly.com
The Bentley is viewable in Monte-Carlo, Principality of Monaco, on appointment.
For further information on this fine motorcar and to arrange a viewing please contact me.
The Bentley S3 Continental DHC you see in one picture is not for sale. It is just one of the reasons for resizing my collection ...