Click here to list ALL Makes
1954 Porsche Pre-A Speedster = Mint Restored Blue(~)Tan For Sale
|Coming soon and on request please...|
Located in the USA...Ready for Summer Fun Driving!!
1954 Porsche Pre-A Speedster
Price: $$ Best Offer please...usd dollars...
In 1953, Max Hoffman, Porsche distributor for the United States wanted a cheap car to sell in Porsche showrooms. He asked Porsche to consider a stripped version of a cabriolet. If it was cheap to build, maybe Porsche could take advantage of a market niche that was occupied by the British with MG and Triumph.
- The car needed to be simple. It would have side curtains, simple, non adjustable seats and a simple dash. Sound deadening would be deleted and every effort was made to reduce content to keep the price to under $3000, Porsche's lowest price car. Porsche went along with the request and introduced the Speedster in 1954.
Porsche went on the sell 4145 of these "loss leaders" from 1954 through 1958. They were quickly snatched up by sports car enthusiasts, mostly in America. Many slapped a number on the side and became weekend racers and then carried the driver to work again on Monday. James Dean famously owned and raced one. The Speedster became not only an iconic Porsche, but the iconic fifties sports car. It is certainly the most recognizable and most copied car every produced.
Porsche only made 200 1954 models. These cars were only available in Signal Red, White and Speedster Blue. The car featured here is obviously Speedster Blue. It is the 115th Speedster manufactured and a true and rare 1954 model. Records date back to the original invoice from Porsche to Hoffman Motor Car Company on January 12, 1954. The first owner, Dr. Greenlea maintained her well and in 1972, sold the car to William Even. Bill had Larry Markham work on the car until he sold it in 2014.
-Larry rebuilt the original matching numbers engine some years ago and, as indicated on the Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, Porsche replaced the transmission in 1963. Both the original engine and the transmission Porsche installed in 1963 are both still in the car.
- All of the original numbered body panels are also on the car. Rarely do you find a 1954 Speedster this intact.
Early Speedster’s were very nimble in their day and were much better to drive than an MG or a Triumph of its day. Today, the Pre A Speedster’s can be very difficult to drive on modern roads. They are notorious for bad steering, brakes and transmissions so are rarely driven.
Once we acquired Speedster, we realized that this car was special.
- It was so well maintained by Bill Even and Larry Markham, that it was a ball to drive! It has a fantastic gearbox and the steering is perfect. Braking is also without drama. All this Speedster needed was a fresh face.
A complete cosmetic restoration. Painting this lovely car in the luscious Speedster Blue and Autos International installed the rare Accila Bas interior. Now she looks every bit as good as she drives.
A 1954 Speedster should be in every collection. This is one that looks good, but really shines when you take it for a drive.
- This is your opportunity to own a piece of Porsche history. The first of the icon that is the Speedster.
Inspections are welcome...please emails us for more pics and details...
Contact us at [email protected]
These cars are undervalued and on the rise in value.
Can be exported at your cost or about $1,400 dollars to the UK port in 4 weeks...
- Serious collectors please...more pics coming and on request...
Porsche 356 A Coupè 1600 (1958)
Completely restored. Mint condition - collector´s piece.
Restored with great efforts to reach maximum perfection, including extended photo report.
Older ownership documents.
Porsche 356 Cabrio restoration Doctorclassic.eu (1950)
Doctorclassic is a family business specializing in the comprehensive renovation and servicing of vintage Porsche and Mercedes vehicles. We cooperate with world class experts in the automotive industry. .....