Click here to list ALL Makes
Citroen 2 CV Sahara 4 x 4 AZ44 *1963* Nr. 642 von 694 * SOLD
|Number 642 of 694 made.|
Citroën 2 CV Sahara
Date of manufacture: 17.09.1963
This desert-adpated 2 CV Sahara has been owned by one German collector since late 2014.
Production issue number: 0642
Engine serial number (engine 1 - front): 05400259
Engine serial number (engine 2 - rear): 05400250
63951 kms shown
Two 2-cylinder-boxer-petrol engines, front and rear, mounted lengthways
• Engine Capacity: 425 cc per engine
• Power Output: 9 kW (12.5 HP) per engine
• Max. Torque: 27 Nm per engine at 2500 revs/min
• Front-wheel drive and/or rear-wheel drive
• Two four-speed manual gear boxes
• Independent, single-wheel suspension, front and rear
• Drum brakes at front and rear
• Tyres: 155 R 400
• Length/Width/Height: 3780/1480/1540 mm
• Unloaded Weight: 735 kg
• Top Speed: 105 km/h
• Number of models produced: 694 (official)
Two engines, one at the front and one at the rear. Driver may select front-wheel, rear-wheel, or four-wheel drive as desired. With two ignition keys and two starter buttons, right hand side for the front engine and left hand side for the rear engine, plus two gear boxes and two petrol tanks.
In 2012 a Citroën 2 CV Sahara of production issue number 688 was sold at auction in the USA for 110,000€. The vehicle was sold in a state requiring restoration work and was in similar condition than the one on offer here.
Car is for restauration - actually clutch cyl not present!
Original car documentation present.