Click here to list ALL Makes
Cafe Racer Honda CB400/4 1976 SOLD
|For sale is my beautiful 400/4 café racer. Lovingly put together over a number of years, I just don't have the time to use her, so she must go to a loving home!|
Standard engine and chassis, custom components include:
- One of a kind aluminium seat
- Custom Manx aluminium tank
- One of a kind rear-sets, designed and fitted for this bike
- hidden electrics
- K+N Filters, carbs jetted to suit
- Electronic Boyer Ignition
- Custom wiring loom, gone are all the needless connections!
- Megaphone exhaust with removable baffle. It sounds gorgeous, with the baffle out it's stupendous, but probably a bit loud...
- Custom top crown, original bar lugs removed, welded and finished
- Chrome headlamp bucket
- Braided front brake hose
- Rebuilt cylinder head
- New Battery
- New combi regulator/rectifier
The bike has recently been re-commissioned after it sat for some time as a project after the head had some exhaust studs repaired. Before that it was an almost daily rider and even completed a 1000 mile trip through France!
It's been road tested, and runs and rides as it ought to, albeit a tad cramped! I have not had it MOT'd though, as I just do not have the time.
I've no idea how much money I have spent or how many hours have gone into it. It has been a complete labour of love for me and still isn't exactly as I'd like it. But with 3 other bikes to keep me busy it just isn't getting the use it needs, and like all old bikes it needs to be ridden!
It isn't mint by any means, but wouldn't take lots for that to be the case. As I said it was a rider. It has been dry stored always and covered in ACF50 whilst not in use (this has been cleaned off!)
It is complete with a V5, currently SORN, and various bits of paperwork. It will be a stunning Café for someone, I'll be sad to see it go.
I'm not entirely sure of the value, I guess it's worth what someone is willing to pay, so feel free to make an offer or get in touch to ask any questions.