Click here to list ALL Makes
Porsche 924, Full MOT, Service books, Porsche COA For Sale (1984)
- 1984 A Registration
- Just 100,900 genuine miles (service records and VOSA evidence)
- Guards Red with pinstripe cloth interior (with leatherette edging to seats)
- Genuine 924 Turbo alloys - with near-new good Pirelli tyres all-round
- Full 12 months MOT (with good number of previous Certificates)
- Original Porsche burgundy service leatherette folder with stamped service book (approx 10 stamps)
- Porsche Certificate of Authenticity document
- Originally supplied by AFN, Isleworth - this was a PCGB show car (and would have spent some time in the AFN showroom prior to sale promoting sales of transaxle cars)
- Car still has original AFN number plates to front and rear - and AFN sticker to rear and side window
- Engine, gearbox, clutch, exterior and interior - all very good condition (electric sunroof works!)
- Brand new battery with a 3 year guarantee - from February 2017
- Part stainless steel exhaust
- Pioneer stereo
- 4 nearly new Pirelli tyres
- Previous owner told me the car has had a new cambelt and reconditioned warm-up regulator recently
As you may know, the Porsche 924 series is finally getting the recognition that it deserves (including playing a leading role in the recent Transaxle exibition at the Zuffenhausen Porsche Museum) so prices are rising fast. Hagerty Classic Car Insurance estimate that a "Fair" condition 924 should now be worth £4000.
Hagerty's estmate for a "Good" condition car is somewhere between £6000-£7000 - and "Excellent" ranges up to £14,000.
In my view, this car is "Good" condition but my asking price (non-negotiable) is based on a "Fair" condition car.
There is room for improvement - which is why this is not a £7-9k car. Here are the items that you can improve over time (and improve the value):
- there is a less than satisfactory repair on the nearside front wing. Ideally this needs rubbing down and re-painting (I cannot find any evidence of filler). Otherwise bodywork is very good with only minor blemishes for a 33 year old car. Sills are excellent
- the paintwork is a little flat on the bonnet in a couple of places (typical of older Guards Red cars). This may respond positively to a good mopping - or alternatively a good red pigment polish
- either the alternator or the water pump needs replacing as there is a noise coming from that area (not the engine). I will supply a brand new water pump and a used (supposedly 30,000 miles only) alternator. I have just run out of time to get this done (as does not affect the driving of the car). I showed "Northway Porsche" a video on 17/2/17 and they're as sure as they can be looking at a video that it's the water pump (approx 1.5 hours labour)
- front driver's seat has wear on the right side bolster
No offers/part exchanges.
I am only selling this car as I am facing 2 lots of surgery over the next 2-3 months (I will be unable to drive a manual car for approx.12 months).
PCGB member since 1995.
RACING PORSCHE 924 (1980)
Thank you for viewing my Porsche 924 Race/Track/Rally car.
It is not the usual poor offerings that you find, the car is in its original Guards red, no rust evident.
It has been professionally prepared .....
Porsche 924 1983 80,000 miles
1983 Porsche 924 80,000 miles with all paperwork old mots receipts etc, Pascha interior in very good clean original condition no rips or tears on the seats dash top does have the usual cracks, Drives .....
rustfree porsche 924 (1980)
beautiful porsche ,bodywork in good condition,engine doesn't run properly.transport and importation fees not included in the price.
Porsche 924 solid healthy body no rust - lhd (1981)
FAST MOVING CARS - PRICED TO SELL
Black 1981 Porsche 924 with mixed black/grey interior.
Power comes from a 2 liter 4 cylinder engine (also used in the Audi 100 and VW LT) producing in the 924 about .....