Click here to list ALL Makes
Porsche 924, Full MOT, Service books, Porsche COA For Sale (1984)Porsche 924:
- 1984 A Registration
- Just 100,900 genuine miles (service records and VOSA evidence)
- Guards Red with pinstripe cloth interior (with leatherette edging to seats)
- Genuine 924 Turbo alloys - with near-new good Pirelli tyres all-round
- Full 12 months MOT (with good number of previous Certificates)
- Original Porsche burgundy service leatherette folder with stamped service book (approx 10 stamps)
- Porsche Certificate of Authenticity document
- Originally supplied by AFN, Isleworth - this was a PCGB show car (and would have spent some time in the AFN showroom prior to sale promoting sales of transaxle cars)
- Car still has original AFN number plates to front and rear - and AFN sticker to rear and side window
- Engine, gearbox, clutch, exterior and interior - all very good condition (electric sunroof works!)
- Brand new battery with a 3 year guarantee - from February 2017
- Part stainless steel exhaust
- Pioneer stereo
- 4 nearly new Pirelli tyres
- Previous owner told me the car has had a new cambelt and reconditioned warm-up regulator recently
As you may know, the Porsche 924 series is finally getting the recognition that it deserves (including playing a leading role in the recent Transaxle exibition at the Zuffenhausen Porsche Museum) so prices are rising fast. Hagerty Classic Car Insurance estimate that a "Fair" condition 924 should now be worth £4000.
Hagerty's estmate for a "Good" condition car is somewhere between £6000-£7000 - and "Excellent" ranges up to £14,000.
In my view, this car is "Good" condition but my asking price (non-negotiable) is based on a "Fair" condition car.
There is room for improvement - which is why this is not a £7-9k car. Here are the items that you can improve over time (and improve the value):
- there is a less than satisfactory repair on the nearside front wing. Ideally this needs rubbing down and re-painting (I cannot find any evidence of filler). Otherwise bodywork is very good with only minor blemishes for a 33 year old car. Sills are excellent
- the paintwork is a little flat on the bonnet in a couple of places (typical of older Guards Red cars). This may respond positively to a good mopping - or alternatively a good red pigment polish
- either the alternator or the water pump needs replacing as there is a noise coming from that area (not the engine). I will supply a brand new water pump and a used (supposedly 30,000 miles only) alternator. I have just run out of time to get this done (as does not affect the driving of the car). I showed "Northway Porsche" a video on 17/2/17 and they're as sure as they can be looking at a video that it's the water pump (approx 1.5 hours labour)
- front driver's seat has wear on the right side bolster
No offers/part exchanges.
I am only selling this car as I am facing 2 lots of surgery over the next 2-3 months (I will be unable to drive a manual car for approx.12 months).
PCGB member since 1995.