Click here to list ALL Makes
ROVER 10 P2 Sliding Head Saloon SOLD (1940)
|This Rover 10 P2 was one of the last cars to be built at Rovers Coventry factory before car production ceased in May 1940 as the factory turned to producing airframes for the war effort. The factory was subsequently destroyed by the Luftwaffe on the night of November 1940. |
It was registered new in April 1940 in Halifax West Yorkshire and given the registration number JX8201 which it still wears today.
It remained in Yorkshire for 65 years until 2005 at which time it had only covered 42538 miles having spent the previous 27 years from 1978 off the road.
It was then recomissioned for the road with the work undertaken detailed in a handwritten diary. This work included a complete rewire and renewing the king pins, bushes and shock absorbers.
In 2008 it was bought by a retired engineer who continued to carry out further work over his 9 years of ownership and again recording the details of this work in the diary. This work includes fully rebuilding the engine, converting the oil filtration system to use a remote cartridge oil filter and overhauling the freewheel.
The history file contains the current V5 log book, a previous log book, a previous V5, the current MOT, a number of previous MOT certificates, the handwritten diary and other paperwork associated with the car.
Although the car is now MOT exempt as it was manufactured prior to 1960, it has an MOT which runs until May 2018. The current recorded mileage is 47133.
Rules that commenced in October 2014 mean that the car will need to be licensed for twelve months from the date of sale for the new owner but this will be free as the car qualifies for the Historic Taxation class.
Prospective buyers are welcome to come and view the car in our Leeds showroom.
UK wide professional delivery is available. Please ring for a quote. We are also happy to deliver to any mainland port for export.
To view over 70 detailed photographs of this car please visit our web site, http://www.aceclassiccars.com