Click here to list ALL Makes
Ford Capri 3.0 Ghia auto For Sale (1980)
|Ford Capri 3.0 Ghia auto, 1980 on a V-reg with only 38,400 miles from new!|
It was bought and kept by the previous owner for 25 years, she used it for a few years and then left it in a garage at her house in North London. They then emigrated abroad and after 20 years the house was put up for sale. They had completely forgotten about the car in the garage and it was sold to a friend who owned a garage whom I then bought it off as it was. Thus it has a genuine 38,400 miles on the clock and was original.
It still has the original stereo that came with the car and many other Ghia features.
Please see the following work carried out so far;
- Roof needed repairing near the windscreen, hence the original vinyl roof was removed and it was decided not to put another one back on again. The roof had to be taken back to bare metal in places to eradicate all traces of the glue
- Front valence was prepared by removing and treating all rust and then smoothed out
- Side Ghia moulding and badges were removed and holes filled in (I still have them, all complete)
- Front wings were in very good condition, just rubbed down and primered
- Bonnet is original, hence why it was left to show how the cars finish once was
- Doors are also original as well
- Rear quarter panels were rubbed down and primered.
- Rear valence is as per original
- Boot has had some work for cracking and dents.
The interior is original, just need a good valeting.
Mechanically it is excellent, the engine, auto trans and axle are great because of the low mileage. It has had new brake lines and tyres for the MOT and other things done when I bought it about 7 years ago. It then drove for 6 miles to my house and garaged where it has never driven again on the road since.
What the car needs to pass an MOT now;
- Exhausts (Original exhaust has lasted a while)
- Some welding underneath
- Ideally a service (I have the oil filter etc to give with the car)
Otherwise, to complete the car;
- Respray – all the prep work has been done
- Sunroof needs to be removed and repaired (Just ran out of time with this)
- odd bits and pieces
The car is structurally sound and has no rust. It has solid wheel arches, sills, doors, boot, bonnet and there is no need to replace anything. All that is needed is a final preparation before the car is ready for paint.
Also, it has the original dashboard and radio. A new battery was fitted recently and the car fires up every time. It also has an immobiliser fitted by the previous owner and we have all the key fobs.
As advised, we have mentioned the condition of the floor with rust in some areas. After sitting for many years it was inevitable that the car began to deteriorate, even in a dry garage.
These cars are becoming rarer every day and the 3 litre versions were the best of their period. Whoever buys it will have an appreciating classic.
Please email or text me and I will get back to you.
CAPRI 2.8I SPECIAL TURBO TECHNICS (1987)
2.8I TURBO TECHNICS 87/D COSWORTH T5 BOX PAINTED IN COSWORTH MOONSTONE BLUE STAINLESS SINGLE EXHAUST FOR MORE POWER VERY GOOD COND FOR AGE PX POSS DELIVERY ETC
1987 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser
An excellent car in very good condition,
One previous registered owner,
Drives superbly - used as a daily driver and has never let me down,
The car is painted with its original .....
1983 Ford Capri 2.8 Injection
1984 Ford Capri 2.8 Injection
Mk3 Capri Injection
First regsitered 07/02/1984
2.8L Cologne V6 engine 160bhp
5 speed .....
1984 Capri MK3 2.0s Silver 5 Speed
1984 Approx 71,700 Miles.
MOT until April 2018.
Recent engine rebuild, Webber rebuild by specialist. Recent new clutch, water pump, discs, pads, timing belt, spray bar, new battery, parcel shelf, gas .....
1986 Ford Capri 2L Laser
Well-loved and looked after 2L 1986 Ford Capri Laser in good condition with mainly original features. Drives and runs very well. In daily use, one female owner since January 2005. Comprehensive service .....
Ford Capri Mk3, 2.0l Sport 1984, Black Excellent c
Excellent condition 2lt Ford Capri Sport in original condition.
I acquired the vehicle 6 years ago & have had lots of work done to restore it to its former glory. Rust free & driving beautifully I .....
Ford capri 2.8 injection special 2 previous owners (1985)
This is a unique beautiful cherished car with only two previous owners . The first owner owned the car for 3years and then it was sold to the chap I bought it off . The chap I bought the capri off used .....
Details about ford capri 2.0 s auto 1984
An immaculate car with just one previous owner,
low mileage and having just undergone re commissioning with new brakes,exhaust and tyres. One of the best ones in the country. Very rare with the auto .....