Click here to list ALL Makes
Fantastic 1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 + overdrive SOLD
|Good bodywork, interior and tidy engine bay. Always garaged in my ownership and previous to me. As you can see in the photos, it's been a great car to own and use (NB photos of using is as a wedding car in France last year!).|
Freshly MOT'd on 16 May 2017 (no advisories). Detailed service history provided showing thousands of pounds of work and parts. I keep the car garaged at my apartment in London Bridge, SE1. Please call to arrange a viewing.
This much loved Spitfire has had tonnes of work done over the past 5 years including:
- Powerful servo-assisted braking upgrade
- Reconditioned diff - this saves you a big cost and headache
- Kenlowe fan with adjustable thermostat for improved cooling
Practically everything in the engine bay and around the running gear has been replaced or refurbished in recent years. Including:
- Cylinder head refurbished and converted to unleaded
- Electronic ignition
- New prop shaft and associated UJs
- New wheel bearings and drive shafts
- New leaf spring at the rear
- New K&N filters
Other nice features:
- The all-important overdrive (5th gear) allowing a good cruising speed on faster roads
- Sports exhaust giving a really nice, bassy engine note and throaty sound in the higher revs.
- Motolita steering wheel
- Spare wheel
- Driver and passenger seats recently replaced
- It's been tuned by one of the best guys in the country and I've got photographic evidence of the dyno results - 81 bhp @ 2700 rpm.
- Haynes manual included along with the comprehensive history and documentation of work done