1988 Austin Mini Mayfair, Red + White, 998cc For Sale
Up for sale is my 1988, F Reg Austin Mini Mayfair.
The car is in good running order and has been subject to a light restoration prior to my ownership.
- SOLID body and subframes, the photos speak for themselves. The car has lived under a stormforce cover on my driveway for two years and shows no signs of rot.
- Red with a white roof giving that classic Cooper look that we all know and love
- Grey anthracite minilites with brand new tyres.
- MOT until November (Has not been driven much since last year so shouldn't need anything doing)
- Stong engine that has never let me down and at one point this was my only car so had regular use.
- Gets admiring looks and comments wherever it goes.
- Where a greater level of maintenance skill than I can offer has been required, the vehicle has been looked after by a local and very reputable mini specialist (who comments every time it has been in how nicely maintained it is.)
- Could do with a proper interior being fitted. Lacks some ducting for the heater and vents which has never bothered me personally but I know not everyone will want to leave as is.
- The paint has chipped in places and could do with some touching up. I have a tin of paint that will come with the car.
- small oil leak which seems to be the gear selector shaft seal (common issue, just haven't had the time to sort.)
- Currently SORN due to lack of use after getting a new Golf but this has only been recently so shouldn't have any issues from being unused.
Overall, I will be sad to see this go but I simply no longer have the time or space to care for and most of all enjoy it. She's a great little motor and deserves to be driven by someone rather than being a nice driveway ornament.
Lots of invoices and receipts.
Has to go due to a house move.
Austin Mini City E, Automatic, 1998 in deep red with grey interior. 998cc. Excellent condition throughout. Just 2 lady owners from new. Last owner for 22 years. 28,000 miles from new - YES 28,000 Miles!! .....
1988 austin mini, 27780 miles
Only selling due to not using it
Drives and runs
Solid little car
Sills and subframes are solid and been done
Boot has been done and sealed
Adjustable shock absorbers .....
This is a very original car. It is in good condition It will be put through an MOT with any problem even if it is just an advisory fixed. Drives very nicely and always starts on the button. Reluctant .....
I have for sale Austin mini 1000cc '86. Been sorned for 2 years. Starts first time, needs to be seen to be appreciated, alloy wheels. Mud guards. Very clean for year.
Fell free to ask any questions. .....