1997 Honda NSX Auto (F-matic) Targa. Charlotte Green with tan leather. 72,000 miles, six owners (First owner Honda UK, last owner had the car for over ten years). Cam belt service just completed, Auto gearbox overall 5,000 miles ago.
Don’t believe what you read on the internet. If you Google “NSX Auto” there will be loads of people (most of whom have never driven one) advising you not to buy an auto.
There are several reasons why buying an F-matic NSX is a good decision:
1) When new, the NSX was the only genuine sports car available as an auto. In 1997, Ferrari, for example, didn't offer a two-pedal option - now you cannot buy a manual Ferrari!
2) If you broadened you choice to other grand tourers, the NSX was still the best car. There are few automatic classic cars that are better. Drive an auto Mercedes SL500 or a Jaguar XJS then drive an auto NSX. The NSX is vastly superior.
3) If you are looking for a car to use on longer journeys - for touring - then the auto option is better. Stress free, comfortable, easy to drive, etc etc... all the things the NSX was famous for.
4) When you are in drive in an auto, or in top gear in a manual, the auto and manual NSX are effectively the same.
5) In 1997, Honda improved the auto NSX with the F-matic. A much improved gear change, better ratios, and the paddle change semi-automatic option.
6) Finally - here’s the most important reason to buy an F-Matic NSX: This car is nearly twenty grand cheaper than the manual equivalent.
This car is a rare, 1997 Targa F-matic NSX. Charlotte green with tan leather. UK supplied, full history, 72,200 miles. Six owners, HPI clear. We have just carried out a full check over and carried out the all-important cam-belt service. Everything ( Air conditioning/ climate control, Bose Hi-Fi, power steering, ABS, etc) all works as it should.
So usable. Roof on; roof off; whatever. It’s become a bit of a cliché that the NSX is a sports car that you can use everyday: But it’s true.
Full, detailed pictures can be seen on the gallery section of our website:
- details above
Please call the details below or email us at using the button below for more information or to arrange a viewing.
This is a gem, beautiful 1996 Honda NSX finished in Pearl White with full Black leather and in fantastic condition and needs for nothing, this fantastic example has a fantastic service history from.....
47,000 Miles. We are very excited to present for sale this very rare UK supplied Honda NSX. This beautiful car is finished in Formula Red with Oxblood Red leather seats with a black dash board. The.....
The NSX is an appreciating classic that is unusual because in its day it was the only true sports car available as an automatic. In 1991, when this car was new, the manual was £55,000 in the UK and.....
Chassis #0181 is a carefully preserved NSX that recently underwent professional original paint and interior maintenance as well as a full mechanical service (including timing belt) by factory authorized.....
First registered in Germany on 9th March 1992, this is a very rare genuine European specification Left-Hand-Drive Honda NSX (as opposed to an Acura from the USA). Registered in the UK on 10th February.....