- Sold new by JCT 600 of Leeds in 1996 to its first owner in Lymington, Hampshire, and registered N8 AMV
- Finished in its original colour combination of Mendip Blue with a silver-grey interior and blue seat piping
- The previous owner acquired the car in May 2014 and a year later commissioned Works to carry out a V600 engine, brake, and suspension conversion. Included in the £66,000 work was the modification of the instrument binnacle for the fitment of a supercharger boost gauge from a Supermarine Spitfire
- The last Vantage converted by works to V600 specification, this is a very special car in wonderful colours and just 42,000 recorded miles
- Supplied with a one-year UK warranty
Aston Martin Works are delighted to offer for sale this stunning Aston Martin V8 Vantage V600; an historical example being the last car to be upgraded to V600 specification by Aston Martin Works. It is beautifully finished in its original colour combination of Mendip Blue paint with a Silver Grey leather interior piped in dark blue.
Delivered new by the Aston Martin dealership in Leeds to a man in Lymington, Hampshire, the car was first registered in May 1996 with the licence plate N8 AMV. Subsequent owners applied their own personalised number plates such as 97 UK, 78 SC, 1 YAE, and WHO 6H.
After a previous owner had enjoyed the Vantage for nine years, the car was acquired by a gentleman in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, in May 2014. A year later he presented the car to Aston Martin Works (when the odometer recorded only 23,700 miles) for us to carry out what would become the final Vantage V550 to be upgraded to V600 specification by Works. Along with the V600 engine, the conversion also included V600 suspension and brake conversions, plus Works modified the dashboard binnacle to house the gentleman’s own supercharger boost gauge from a WWII Supermarine Spitfire. The VAT inclusive total cost of the conversion was in the region of £66,000.
Having been very well cared for and maintained with regular services taking place at Aston Martin Works at Newport Pagnell, this Vantage V600 comes complete with the original service book and also a full size spare wheel kept in a bespoke Works trimmed bag. With its unique specification, this special car would make a wonderful addition to any collection.
In 1959, Aston Martin won the Le Mans 24 hour race; indeed, so far the marques only outright victory in the French classic. To commemorate the 40th anniversary of this great victory, the company produced.....