1960 Sunbeam Alpine Series 1 - One Owner Classic For Sale
Well-loved for lifetime in Canada. Maintained, licensed and driven continuously 1985-present. Now in Vancouver, in dry dust-free underground storage.
Likely last 1-owner Series 1 Alpine extant. Dream come true for the right buyer. Contact by email please.
Original equipment: all glass, steering wheel, seats and upholstery, hardtop and lining, dashboard, gauges, tonneau cover, wheels, wheel covers, window cranks, gas filler cap, windshield wiper arms, mirror, hard top, horn, jack, owner's manual, most of owner's toolkit.
1980s highest quality restoration to original except Series-5 block, kept Zenith carbs, manifold. New soft-top, carpeting, dash padding, glovebox cover. All else original. Left-hand drive. No overdrive. Many receipts. No accidents. Restoration photos on request.
• My husband took delivery at docks in Halifax, Nova Scotia, spring 1960
• 1960-63 driven all over eastern Canada and New England in summer and winter
• 1963 driven to Ottawa, garage storage
• 1981-84 compete restoration, Alan Griffin’s classic auto restoration shop, Ottawa
• Installed Series 5 engine block 1725cc, retained original manifold and carbs
• Body work steel-fabricated by Scottish panel-beater; no body filler
• All new hoses, wiring, rubber, etc.
• Basecoat/clearcoat in Alfa red (deeper than original Carnival red)
• 1985-88 driven on dry days only around Ottawa valley
• 1988 trailered Ottawa-Vancouver (Galiano Island) on custom-built tandem axle flatbed trailer; inspected and licenced ever since with BC collector plate B05-396
• 1988-2018 driven and maintained in road-worthy condition, garage under cloth
• 2011 authentic soft top cut and installed by Geoff Horsfall, Duncan, BC
• 2017 minor repairs, heater rebuilt by David Gilmour, BMC Motors, Vancouver, BC
• 2018 relocated to dust-free, dry underground parking in Vancouver, BC
• Odometer reading: 65,500 miles [genuine]
Here a nice 1954 Sunbeam Alpine Roadster. A very rare complete 2 seater Alpine with softtop. Famous car from the film 'to catch a thief' with Grace Kelly. Imported into the EU, all duties paid for......
A VERY nice and complete 1953 Sunbeam Alpine roadster. Runs and drives very well. It is a little customized with a rear seat in the trunk and a non Original 6 cil. engine. It has a nice interior and.....