1966 VW Samba / Microbus Deluxe 21 Window Camper For Sale
Due to a change in my circumstances it is time to sell my beautiful Genuine VW Deluxe "Samba" 21 window bus.
Nicknamed Honzi he was manufactured in Germany in 1966 (just one year before the end of the true T1 manufacture!).
It has the all important M-Code (can be supplied on request) is present and correct for model type (also showing to be LHD, with cargo doors on right, 8 seater and with full middle seat). The M-Code also correlates to the correct chassis number.
The original paint supplied was Beige Grey over Titan Red.
It left the factory on 3rd November 1966 (is actually classed as a model year 1967)
Overall the van is in superb condition - always being sry stored and only taken out on dry sunny days!
The current mileage (which I believe to be accurate) is 83,350 - and running smooth!
The chassis is absolutely free from rust and rot and has many many years of service left in him!
Over the last 52 years Honzi has had some subtle improvements made including:
- Marque Specialists upgrading the engine to a 2180cc Type 1 engine with twin carbs - oil cooler and electric fan. This has given more power and torque whilst remaining close to the original
- The gear box has been overhauled and is extremely smooth shifting - this is further enhanced by a bespoke engine support bar to improve gear shift and traction.
- It has an improved exhaust system
- IRS Suspension conversion at the rear
- Servo assisted disc brakes at the front
On the inside Honzi has been designed to be comfortable, safe and modern - finished to a very high standard.
- All of the windows have been re-sealed and are in perfect condition
- The Golde sunroof has been put in and working perfectly!
- The inside has been finished with Blue Leather upholstery and Blue carpets to match these work perfectly with the white interior.
- In the front is a drivers seat + a bench seat for 2 - all with seat belts
- In the rear are 2 benches facing each other - they can sit 3 each - again all with belts
- The back bench turns into a full rock n roll bed with storage underneath.
- Also included is the 3 Bow Westy Roof Rack
I hope you can see from the advert that this genuine Sambas has been loved, cared for and is in superb condition.
It has a superb mix of authentic style and modern reliability and although I am gutted to have to sell I hope it will bring many years of joy to the next owner!
If you have any questions please let me know!
I have lots of other pics and videos here:
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts