1966 Restaured and the one and only LHD Bedford Dormobi For Sale
- There is probably no equivalent specimen on the entire European mainland. This is probably one of the last Bedford CA built "Made in Biel/Bienne".
- After the production, a left-hand drive, the vehicle went back to Mister Martin Walter to Folkestone England, where the camper removal was done by this specialist.
- After that the car came back into Swiss hands, where it was used until its decommissioning in 1998 in Central Europe, afterwards the camper had to lead a lonely life until I woke him in the beginning of 2012 from his Sleeping Beauty sleep and brought him to me in Grenchen and during the last almost 6 1/2 years peu á peu from scratch restored
- The spare parts were procured despite Made in Switzerland, especially in England, where a relatively large reservoir of parts is available.
- So far I have encountered only one identical vehicle, but a right-hand drive and no Swiss model.
- On 16 June 2018 I was able to show the car to a wider audience for the first time, and only in his native town of Biel on the occasion of the Old Wheels Oldtimer meeting, the interest was correspondingly high (report in the Bieler Tagblatt of 18 June).
- I have deliberately refrained from destroying the 52-year-old patina of the car and renounced a new paint finish. Accordingly, natural signs of aging are visible, but this is exactly what I and many others also find, makes up the special charm of the vehicle, unfortunately this has not yet arrived in all MFK when judging as a veteran!
- The engine is from Vauxhall and has 1600 cm3 and a few HP, 4 speed gearbox, no belts, no servo, no climate, etc.
- Oh yes, I haven't started the fuel heater yet, the pump and fan are running, but it doesn't ignite.
- I don't want to give the car away, you will probably never find such a rarity again.
- Attention and added value guaranteed
- I set the price consciously a few thousand francs under the demanded Bullipreisen, so that a true friend and keeper can come to this unique vehicle, Bullis has it more than enough, I must smile again and again if I read T2 or even T3 offers "very rare", ha ha, "heavy heart", ha ha ha ha" for far more than 20'000!!!
- To the equipment: below there are the four new upholstered seats, which folded and pushed together make two quite big beds for adults, in the "attic" there are two children sleeping accommodations by means of fold-out flatbeds
- The kitchen has a two flame stove with oven and a washbasin with running water, the only downer is the newfangled 12 volt cool box which is supplied during the journey by the on-board electrical system and on the pitch with a 220 volt adapter is supplied with electricity.
- In the roof box there is space for awning, tent, table and chairs, are of course also included in the VP
- Included are an original rear roof and an original shade roof on the driver's side. Furthermore, there is an absolutely rare, very high-quality and practically new 70s tent with an added
- Operating instructions for the car and all devices in German
- Unfortunately I can only show 12 photos, but come by if you are really interested, I don't want to see carpet dealers and timepieces and I refuse to negotiate prices in advance, I only discuss in front of or under the car (lift available) Sale is for illness, so by me, not by the car
The Camper Van can also be delivered to Freiburg in Breisgau D or Konstanz D or Calais F by arrangement.
The obligatory notice, this is a private sale and a return excluded, in addition, the warranty has already expired longer
For price comparison: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/bedford/unspecified/2229361.html
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Thank you for your interest, sincerely jpm
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts