This Greek-registered Giulia Super 1.3 was sourced as a project car back in 2003 to be stored and later rebuilt for both road and track use. In 2016 the following upgrades were conducted at a cost of over 50,000 euros:
- front rails reinforced for better handling under greater engine output
- rear quarter panels were flared internally to permit wider rear wheels
A 2.0 Twin Spark, DOHC competition engine was fitted featuring the following upgrades:
- dbilas dynamic camshafts, 310 degrees intake, 304 exhaust
- Carillo connecting rods
- JE pistons, forged, 85mm, 13,2 : 1 compression ratio
- oversize intake valves at ported cylinder head
- Electromotive direct ignition engine control system (13o/1000rpm, 32o/5000rpm, 27o/7000 rpm) with cabin-mounted control box
- competition iridium spark plugs
- Weber SP ported to 48 DCOE carbs
- Facet fuel pumps
- aluminum radiator
- handmade 4 to 1 stainless steel exhaust manifold to stainless steel free flow 70mm exhausts (straight and side made)
Once upgraded the engine performance was tested at a local dynometer and recorded:
226bhp power output at 7.130rpms and 25,27 kg torque at 5.624rpms with side exhaust
215bhp power output at 6.800rpms and 24,57 kg torque at 5.400rpms with straight exhaust
- Bacci straight cut close ratio transmission, 9:41
- performance reinforced alloy housing, flywheel, clutch and prop shaft
- dynamic LSD system, (70% accel./30% deccel.)
On & off track performance via:
- progressive springs
- adjustable shock absorbers
- GTA-derived knuckle riser
- 27'' antisway bar
- super flex bushes and ball joints
- GTA-derived steering arm, quick 2.7 ratio
The car was bought new in Italy in 1969 by the only one owner. He kept the car until we bought it in July 2012.
The car has been restored in 1997/1998 ( a total cost of 20.000.000 Lires) and covered since only 11.650 kms.
The engine was redone in December 2012 (crankshaft, valves, bearings, rings .....
1963 ALFA ROMEO Giulia Sprint Speciale
First presented as a prototype at the 1957 Torino Auto Show, using the Giulietta 1,290cc twin cam 4-cylinder, the Sprint Speciale was put into limited production to fit the FIA homologation regulations.
Between 1958 and 1962, a total of 1,366 new version .....
Alfa Romeo Giulia TI 1600, dark grey with grey interior, year 1964 first series, disc brakes anterior, original black plate and paper since new, original color, matching number, GOLD ASI plate, Alfa Romeo certificate of originality. Condition like new.
Sprint Speciale: 1 of 1,400
This 1964 Alfa Romeo Giulia 1600 Sprint Speciale is fully restored both cosmetically and mechanically. It sports a flawless red exterior with matching red leather interior. A highly coveted classic flaunting a gorgeous .....
Giulia Super 1600 Bollino Oro / Road Registration + FIA Papers
Very nice Giulia, suitable for classic rallyes, hillclimbs, trackdays, or
just to have fun on the road while road registered as a classic car!
- First registered in Italy / Sicilia
- 2016 imported to Germany
- Original .....