EXCEPTIONAL 1960 AUSTIN HEALEY 3000 BN7 with Rawles Motorsport fast road engine
• Marque : AUSTIN HEALEY
• Model : 3000 MK1
• Year: 1960
PRICE EURO 59.800
• Chassis n. : H-BN7-L9992
• Capacity: 3000cc
• Km : 3000
• Interior : Black leather
• Outside : twotone red/white
• Soft top: black
• Optional: luggage rack
The provenance of this car is reasonably well documented. According to the British Motor Industry Trust certificate, car number H-BN7-L9992 was originally delivered to a dealer in Philadelphia in June 1960. It was in Healey Blue with a blue interior. At some point, a previous owner converted it to a racing car. Eventually, as a used race car, it went to a car dealer in Massachusetts. It was imported to Canada in 1981 and prepared and maintained as a vintage race car by one of the top performance specialists in North America. For the next 15 years it campaigned at tracks all over the US and Canada (and in the 1984 Bahamas Speed Week). It was purchased by the penultimate owner in 1998 who had kept the car in Miami in recent years.
The car was generally in very good condition and much improved when imported in UK in 2013. It was checked over and further improvements including a complete Rawles Motorsport Ltd fast road upgraded engine which has less than 3000 miles covered. The car was also set up on rolling and performs magnificently with the treble weber set up on the 2 seater BN7 chassis.
Recent improvements included fitting of Avon ZZ tyres all round .
The style of the car is very good and is reminiscent of the John Gott race car with wide wheel arches and works hard top finished in a crisp white over red colour combination.
High performance upgrades to the car include:-
• Triple DCOE 45 Weber carbs with Deronica inlet manifold.
• Upgraded competition shocks and front disc brakes.
• Oversized front anti-roll bar.
• Heavy duty clutch.
• Oil cooler.
• Brake servo booster.
• Upgraded steering components including LeCarra steering wheel.
• New motor mounts.
• Remapped distributor to optimise performance
• New wiring harness.
• Headlights, side, tail and brake lamp assemblies.
• Front and rear bumpers and front splash panel.
The Webers were re-jetted and balanced to make the car a bit more civilized and custom air cleaners were fabricated and installed. The competition steering wheel was retained and a soft top assembly was acquired, restored and fitted. A tourneau cover and side curtain assemblies were acquired and restored.
The wheels, which are 72 spoke wires, were rebuilt and powdered coated in the proper silver/gray colour. The rear wheels are inner laced . This provides a 3in wider track at the rear of the car.
In 2002, the body was dismantled and taken down to bare metal. In keeping with its performance capabilities, the bonnet was louvered and fender flares were fabricated. At the rear, these better enclosed the extended wire wheels. The subtle flares at the front were to compliment the effect. The interior received a new dash cap. A bullet style mirror was added to the driver’s side. The chosen colors were the classic red over white coves. Several years later it was decided to turn the handsome brute into a BMC rally tribute car - but with some drivability upgrades.
This is a summary of the additional modifications made over the past 9 years.
• Front and rear bumpers removed. Rally style over-riders and brackets installed at rear.
• Driving light brackets and Lucas lamps installed.
• Rally style vents added to front wings.
• Standard grill removed and Works-style stainless steel mesh grill and venting installed.
• Proper period seats (black with red piping vinyl coverings) and sliders were installed.
• An original authentic two-seater hardtop was acquired, restored and fitted. Roof vent installed.
• Racing fuel cell replaced with a new conventional fuel tank and sending unit (fuel gauge rebuilt).
• Electrics converted to negative ground and alternator installed.
• New distributor added and MSD ignition discreetly installed.
• New exhaust muffler fitted.
• New knock-offs added.
• Cast aluminum valve cover added.
• Overdrive switch moved to competition gearshift knob.
• Fire extinguisher installed near the passenger footwell.
• Interior (firewall, floor, transmission tunnel, bonnet, door panels, etc.) completely lined in heat and sound insulation.
• Spare tire and associated fittings installed in proper BN7 fashion.
• Period-style competition lap belts installed.
• Passenger compartment fully refurbished with new carpets and panels.
• The battery relocated to the boot area and a battery cut off switch installed in the cockpit behind the passenger seat.
• Boot refinished with new custom liner kit.
• New Heater unit
• SatNav plug
This car is a very good example of a triple weber BN7 on a fast road Rawles Motorsport Ltd engine.
TERMS OF SALE:
Because the adverts could have a late updating, the published price is to be considered indicative.
Please refer to the official list available in the showroom.
The data of the vehicle on sale could contain errors or inaccuracies.
Therefore the description is purely indicative and has no contractual value.
C.L. is not liable for any lack or discrepancy of parts or components with respect to the original characteristics of production of the vehicles.
The buyer is therefore charged to verify all the data and the necessary inspection of the vehicle before the purchase.
MORE DETAILED PHOTOS IN THE WEBSITE - details above
67, Via San Bernardino
25030 Roncadelle –Brescia -Italy
Mob.+39- the details below
using the button below
For sale in south of France stunning Austin-Healey convertible
3000 MKII A BJ7 with Overdrive.
Latest owner since 1973.
One of the rarest Big Healeys : only 6113 produced from Jan. 1962 to october.....
The proposed car is a Healey 3000 BT7 Mk 1 from 1961. The car has been delivered new in the United States. A relatively rare item on the Healey, it is in its original Colorado Red configuration, with.....
Austin Healey 3000 Mk 2 BT7 tri carb. Ex US car which has been the subject of an older fully documented nut and bolt restoration by leading marque specialist with only summer use since and meticulously.....