A handsome and appealingly ‘out of the ordinary’, semi ‘razor edge’ saloon, in original and correct condition, albeit in need of some attention. The cylinder head will ideally need replacing and the paintwork - although perfectly useable - has a few marks and blemishes. The car sports a lovely set of lamps & horns, including lovely P100 headlamps and stylish sidelights, twin side-mounted spare wheels and a very impressive original set of tools, nicely mounted in the boot lid. Interior-wise, the car is very nice, with brown leather to the front, beige cloth to the rear, headlining and carpets all in excellent condition. Just imported from the USA, but now back on its original UK registration number, ELK 132. Can be sold 'as is', needing some attention, or at extra cost re-commissioned and serviced.
Chassis No. GRP75 Reg. No. ELK 132
Snippets: Caldy, Carlisle & Cardiff
Thomas Ronald Miller (1887/1953) was the founder of Motherwell Bridge & Engineering Co, he wrote “Monkland Tradition” a tale of the iron history & his firm within Lanarkshire which we have managed to locate a copy of! He married twice with both marriages ending in divorce with 3 daughters and 1 son from his first marriage. In 1929 two of his daughters Elizabeth and Margaret had a double wedding at the family home of Biggar Park House (built circa 1798 for Lord John Elphinstone-Fleming, grandson of the 6th Earl of Wigton). In 1929 Margaret & Elizabeth Miller were aged 21 & 19 respectively, their brother Alexander was 14 & their youngest sibling, Joan, was 5! Thomas’s father–in-law was Professor Matthew Hay, a contemporary of Aneurin Bevin, Professor Hay was called by many the “Father of Forensics. During WWII Thomas’s son Alexander was stationed in Burma with the 14th Army, after demobilisation Alexander joined the family firm and in due course he succeeded his father at the helm of Motherwell Bridge becoming one of Scotland’s leading industrialists. The 2nd owner of GRP75 was Kenneth Redfern Monroe of Caldy in Cheshire, he was a scion of the Monroe shipping family whose involvement in the marine trade started in 1897 by shipping coal from South Wales with the steamer Vindomora. After Kenneth’s death in 1942 the car was with WIlliam Logan of Carlisle whose company Logans were well known for their furniture who later sold the car on to Alex Robertson an Architect of Cardiff who during 1966/9 built nearly 1,000 houses on the farmstead of Penrhysuchaf in Rhondda.
Rolls-Royce 25/30 HP #GRP24 was sold new to Mrs. Daisie Mignot. She was the widow of the Reverend Peter Thomas Mignot (CBE) who founded the Mignot Memorial Hospital at Alderney (BCI). The chassis was bodied by Park Ward with and "Airline" style Touring Limousine body and was equipped with a large sunroof .....
Rolls-Royce 25/30 HP #GMP73 is a very elegant Sedanca de Ville. It is the only known remaining example of the Sedanca de Ville 25/30HPs designed by John Blatchley for Gurney Nutting. It is a multi award winning car, such as the Elegance prize at the 2010 RREC National Rally. It sports many striking .....
First registered on 7th Jan 1938, this vehicle is a true piece of history.
Six light Limousine with coach work by Hooper & Co.
The coach work is finished in black over old white and remains in fine condition, as does the exterior chrome, which is not pitted.
The interior, with sliding glass central .....
1936 Rolls Royce 25/30 Pass & Joyce All Weather Cabriolet
Chassis number: GUL66
Registration Number: CB021SR (Italian.)
Residing in the sunny climes of Italy since 1988. This beautiful 25/30 was bodied by Pass & Joyce as an all weather cabriolet; coachwork that it wears until this .....
Vintage and Prestige are proud to offer this 1936 Rolls Royce 35-30 Sedanca De Ville by Gurney Nutting For Sale.
Registration no: DLH 892
Chassis no: GXM25
The Rolls-Royce 25/30, built between 1936 and 1938, is an updated version of the 20/25 featuring a larger engine than had been fitted .....
1936 Rolls Royce 25/30 Limousine with Barker body and fitted with a division and cocktail cabinets. Finished in Old English White and Masons Black, with all leather interior and lots of history. Has been in daily use with a recent 400 mile round trip. Outstanding condition throughout £39,950
1938 Rolls-Royce 25/30 with Coachwork by James Young. Believed first owned by the actress Ann Todd who starred alongside Gregory Peck in the Alfred Hitchcock film The Paradine Case in 1947. Having been part of the well known Linegar collection for many years. She was then purchased in 2012 where as .....
Chassis No. GTL46. Coachwork by Arthur Mulliner. Finished in black with dark burgundy side panels and dark blue leather interior trim. This lovely and original 25/30 has benefitted from a total engine re-build by RR specialists Ristes Motor Company Ltd that was completed in 2016 with invoices on .....
A handsome car, which in the 1990s was lavished with a great deal of attention costing about £40,000, including a new cylinder head, complete repaint, rewiring, etc, etc. This work is documented in the large file which accompanies the car, together with evidence of more work carried out at earlier .....
Located in the USA...dry desert....
Maroon with Silver Accents
- Accessories and options.
- A 1938 Rolls-Royce 25/30 Saloon with Coachwork by Park Ward.