History of Talbot 110 VDP Tourer (EOU 627).
The original car was built in 1936 as a 110BG Saloon, Chassis number 4571, It was given a Southampton registration number but wasn't registered for the road until 1946.
The car was taken off the road in 1962 and what was left of it purchased by Mr. David Cooper from the Talbot Specialist Cecil Schumacher. The purchase included a VDP wooden chassis frame made specifically for this chassis by "Wards of Ireland". The back axle was rebuilt by Talbot Specialist Bill Barrett and the engine rebuilt by Arnett's of Doncaster.
The rest of the car was the final project for the owner Mr.David Cooper who over a period of time brought the car back to present fantastic condition. It has an original Roots 4 speed manual gearbox, original lights, horns and GB plate with an upgrade to include indicators. It has Tailor made Mohair Hood & Full Tonneau Cover, the dashboard made in Mahogany and the original seats have been re-covered in "new" brown leather. Full set of Carpets made in matching brown.
Sadly by the time the car was complete David's cash partner in the project was suffering ill health and the Talbot had to be sold on.
Please Call for Further Information
George Roesch's 6 cylinder 100 bhp 2,969 cc Talbot AV 105 was surely one of the most desirable English sporting cars of its time and they are rightly still very highly regarded for their performance.....
61,000 miles, Full service history, 5 speed Dogleg Box, LSD, Uprated suspension, CD player, leather seats,super Oscars, half cage, minolites, original wheels included, just had full engine rebuild.....