After much thought, I've decided to offer for sale my ultra rare Triumph GT6 Mk2. My father and I completed a full bare metal, body off restoration on this about 2 years ago, which took us a few years of weekends and spare time. She gets the occasional trip out to local shows but I don't really have the time or inclination to drive her more often. Someone will enjoy this car a lot more than I do - I'm probably more suited to modern classics than 70's stuff.
She's a very late registered 20 August 1971 Mk2 Triumph GT6, arguably the most desirable version of the GT6 as it has refinements over the Mk1 (like Rotoflex) but retains the classic roundtail look without the Mk3 rear light setup. It has a later KE engine from a Mk3, with the domed pistons, recessed and strengthened block, this might even be the original engine with the car being registered as a very late Mk2.
- Full body off restoration to a high standard, not perfect by any means but very presentable and she has a couple of awards from shows.
- full interior retrim and rear seat (for what it's worth!)
- as part of the restoration the rear diff was rebuilt
- as part of the restoration a new clutch was fitted
- full poly bushed chassis (she is very firm and bouncy on the road!)
- Working overdrive
- Accuspark stealth Electronic ignition
- I've often taken her out for hours and not had a problem, but on occasion I think she overheats the coil.
- temperamental driver side seatbelt, I think I just need to adjust the vert
I have recently addressed some issues which were mentioned in a previous version of this advert;
- I'd had an oil leak from the HG/Dipstick and this was simply because like an idiot I had the breather pipes the wrong way around.
- Fitted new overdrive gearknob cover, now it's not held on with tape anymore.
The car was previously listed for £16k based on possible engine issue, which is now no longer the case. If the car was absolutely perfect, and you'd be really nit-picking as it is right now, I'd be asking £20k+ - but she isn't so £18k is what I'm looking for. Grab yourself a great example before summer buyers arrive or I change my mind!
Any questions please get in touch, but the pictures should speak for themselves as to what a fantastic car this is.
advert revised 12/02/2019 to reflect higher asking price due to some issues being resolved.
Very cool vintage Triumph this second generation GT6 or known as GT6+ with overdrive! The car was sold new in the United States California and been imported to the Netherlands in 1996, it only had.....
great project for enthusiast, this GT6 MK2 UK car (last owner 20 years) is in the final throws of a complete body off chassis up rebuild all done to an excellent standard, chassis totally stripped.....
Superb original condition! A rare unrestored GT6+ sold new in USA California but been registered in the Netherlands since 1999. Although the paintwork has been resprayed once a long time ago the rest.....
Rare Triumph GT6 with first registration in 1970. The car spend his life in the United States California, thanks to outstanding dry and warm climate been kept in solid and original condition. Very.....
Rare Triumph GT6 MK2 build in 1970. We've bought this one in California USA where it stayed solid thanks to the great dry climate. For restotation a perfect car! Comes with USA registration papers.....