With a production run of just 100 Six-Cylinder and 100 Twelve-Cylinder cars, the Daimler Century is the most luxurious British car you’ve probably never heard of. Based on the classic long-wheelbase Jaguar X300 chassis, the two models were produced to mark the 100th anniversary of Daimler Motor Cars in 1996.
This example of the very rare twelve cylinder car was first registered on February 19th 1996, having been ordered at the 1995 London Motor Show. It is finished in arguably the best colour combination of Spruce Green Micatallic and Silk White Autolux Hide with Sage Green piping. Costing £74,000 when new (a lot more in today’s money). With just under 70,000 miles recorded this two owner example is in glorious condition and has just been treated to a new headlining.
Acquired by the most recent keeper in 2008 from a well regarded Jaguar Daimler specialist dealership, this gentleman has never stinted in keeping his pride and joy in pristine order. A recent house move and too small a garage along with not enough usage have all lead to us being asked by him to offer this splendid motor car and find him a new owner.
This car has a most comprehensive ownership file where it would seem every invoice from new has been meticulously filed.
Comments from the owner......
Some more details on the Daimler–
1) Mileage at last MOT with CMC in March was 69930. I have only driven home since, so I’ve added about 35. I see from MOTs that I’ve only done 1200 miles in last 3 years
2) CMC sorted out an old oil leak and replaced the headlining. I spent about 3.5k with them this Spring.
3) New set of Pirellis fitted at 68000.
4) Full history file. You will not see one better. All bills. All MOTs etc. Every piece of paper since original order. All docs and original publicity brochures too. Attached is a blurb I used to exhibit at car shows. And my favourite pic.
5) Serviced throughout by independent Jag or classic car specialists. I am no mechanic.
6) It is not concours but I reckon sound A1. It has been well loved and cared for.
7) I’m second owner and have had it exactly ten years. Bought it from well-known classic Jag dealer and they took my 1960 Mark IX in exchange.
8) I’ve seen a couple on market in last six months for silly money, in my view....
9) You will note that it is in best available colour combination: Spruce Green over silk white autolux leather. The interior is pretty impressive. Walnut inlay very smart.
10) Cherished plate must stay with the car. It was bought for it.
In our opinion this is unique opportunity to a acquire a truly excellent example of the marque with much lower than average mileage. We do not know of another 6.0 Litre car available in the UK right now.
This car will be supplied with the cherished number D12CEN which was purchased for the car and the owner insists it must stay with the car.
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts