1 of 39 produced for the race series
• Extensive documentation
• Important piece of Porsche race history
The Vehicle offered:
1 of only 39 Turbo Cup cars produced for the Rothmans Race series. It was actively campaigned throughout the race series as part of the famous Ludwig Heimrath race team and remains in period race trim. It represents an important piece of Porsche race history and is extensively documented with 2 thick binders chronicling the complete series.
944 Turbo Cup Differences vs Production Car
1. Magnesium racing wheels
2. Magnesium intake manifold
3. Magnesium oil pan
4. 928S4 brakes
5. Racing brake pads
6. Brake cooling kit
7. Strut tower brace bar over engine
8. Fiberglass hood/engine cover with race locks
9. Exterior power kill switch
10. Interior power kill switch
11. Larger high-output turbo unit
12. Larger sway bars, rear adjustable
13. High performance engine electronics
14. Securit safety windshield
15. Safety roll cage
16. Recaro racing seat
17. Driver racing harness
18. Lightweight side mirrors
19. Special Bilstein front struts
20. Special rear shocks with extra springs
21. Strengthened rear torsion bars
22. Heavy duty racing clutch
23. Quick ratio steering
24. Higher degree limited slip axle
25. Strengthened differential and axle gears
26. Strengthened transmission gears
27. Close-ratio 5th gear
28. Transmission oil cooler
29. ABS brakes
30. Stiffened main chassis
31. Strengthened strut towers
32. Hard rubber suspension mounts
33. Lightweight battery
34. Single engine cooling radiator
35. Underbody drag reduction panels
36. Lightweight noise insulation
37. Delete –Power steering
38. Delete –Fender liners
39. Delete –Radio, speakers
40. Delete –Headlight washers
41. Delete –Air conditioning
42. Delete –Power windows
43. Delete –Rear wiper
44. Delete –Engine shield
45. Delete –Undercoating
46. Delete –Sunroof
47. Delete –Power seat
48. Delete –Leather interior
49. Delete –Rear trunk release
50. Delete –Power mirrors
51. Delete –Door storage pockets
52. Delete –Cassette storage
Performance comparisons with other 944 models:
944 944 Turbo 944 Weissach Turbo
HORSEPOWER 147 217 250+
MAXIMUM TORQUE 140 243 272
WEIGHT 2800 2998 2579
TOP SPEED (Km) 210 245 275
ACCELERATION (0-60mph) 8.3 6.1 5.3
COEFFICIENT OF DRAG 0.35 0.33 0.32
WEIGHT TO POWER (lb/HP) 19.05 13.82 10.32
The 944 Turbo Cup was developed in Weissach on the base platform of the 944 Turbo, and beyond that it was completely modified. It has a reinforced chassis, more adept transmission oil cooling, and a stronger turbo. The car has a lot of lightweight modifications: titanium oil pan, air intake and wheels. The interior was stripped down, although they kept the seats, which is atypical. It is 600 pounds lighter than the normal 944 Turbo, 0-60 is 4.4 seconds.
one of the very first.
Superb original condition,original panels and very nice burgundy pinstripe interior,no rust or corrosion,just tired flat paint.
Porsche 944 Turbo 1985 left hand drive,originally registered and used in Germany but brought over to the UK in 1990's and registered for UK
subject to a full panel strip back, ie wings off, glass out etc. replace damaged sill, refresh full paint to original guards red. superb original car,near perfect cream carpets and upholstery,re furb forged alloy wheels with excellent matching tyres. brake and fluids service, timing and balance belts,oil .....
Sold. Please inquire as we can locate and purchase excellent Porsche 944 Turbos and other Porsche in North America and ship worldwide.
Price (GBP)£:11,950 ($ 16,950 USD)
Located in Carnation, WA at Giordano''s Vintage Motors. We Buy, Sell, Consign and Trade Sports, Muscle, Collector Cars and .....
Best Value 944 Turbo Cab Available in UK
One of only 100 RHD 944 Turbo Cabs produced world wide.
One of only 32 believed to reside in the UK today.
Produced for 1 year (1991) only 625 produced in total.
The Turbo Cabriolet was based upon the 944 Turbo S derivative. Boasting a factory .....
1986 Porsche 944 Turbo. 21 Service Stamps Including a Recent Service and a 12 Month MOT. Registered On 11th November 1986. Zermalt Silver Metallic with Black Leather Upholstery. 151,000 Miles Covered This Is One Of The Best 944’s That We Have Seen. This is a Fine Example and With Prices On The Increase, .....
Finished in Grand Prix White With Black Leather Interior
Full Specification includes:
Service Carried out by Merlin Chesterfield Porsche On The 16/01/1991 at 1,763 Miles
MOT,no advisories, June 2019
Linnen metallic, fully electric burgundy unworn pinstripe seats,burgundy uncracked dash, genuine 112000 miles,rising as using it regularly,old mot's,invoices, service stamps,perfect sills,lower wings new stone guards,
Stored inside by me for many years after .....
1986 Porsche 944
Body colour: Frey
Trim colour: Black
Mileage: KM 189,600
- well-kept Porsche 944 with stone grey metallic paint and black leather interior
- original US delivery, re-imported in 2016, used to run in California
- clean Carfax
- equipped with cruise control, .....