Morgan Plus 4: Recent Restoration & Owned 35 Years
Introduced in 1936, the Morgan 4/4 was the Morgan Motor Company's first car with four wheels – the model designation ‘4/4’ stood for four wheels and four cylinders. The Plus 4 was introduced in 1950 – with a slightly longer body tub and more powerful engine the car sat firmly at the top of the model range and was available with a two seater or four seater configuration.
Welcome to the sale of our absolutely beautiful 1961 four seat Morgan that has been in the same family (2 keepers) since 1983.
The Morgan has recently benefited from:
· Bare-chassis photographic restoration in 2006
· Wooden body tub replaced and new wings
· High quality respray in Old English White + chrome wire wheels
· Engine (TR3 specification) rebuilt by Beale Engineering of Bath
· New cluch
· Rebuilt carburettors
· New hubs, replacement wheel bearings & new tyres
· New (red) leather interior, hood & tonneau
· The large history folder contains lots of invoices, old MOT’s, pictures of restoration etc.
We have taken the car out for an extended test drive and she drives absolutely superbly with low down torque, lovely exhaust note and handling that is a delight – we truly appreciate why the Morgan brand enjoys such a loyal following - the drive is utterly addictive!
Equally at home on long distance continental tours or simply a trip to the Goodwood Revival we recommend early viewing in order to fully appreciate this remarkable example of a true British icon
1) £220.00 per day including insurance & VAT
2) Deposit of £1000.00 damage excess refunded on return provided no damage.
3) Need copies of passport, driving license and utility bill for each driver.
Williams are delighted to offer this absolutely stunning NEW 2019 Morgan Plus 4, 2.0 GDI 110th Anniversary, finished in beautiful Bentley Velvet Red metallic over Magnolia leather trim. This absolutely.....