Mercedes E500 500E - 1992 - 75000miles - 3 Owners For Sale
From 1991 to 1994, Mercedes-Benz sold a high-performance version of the W124, the Mercedes-Benz 500E (W124.036). The 500E was created in close cooperation with Porsche; each 500E was hand-built by Porsche, being transported back and forth between the Mercedes plant and Porsche's Rossle-Bau plant in Zuffenhausen, Germany during assembly — taking a full 18 days to complete each model.
The 500E and E500 were known by Porsche as Type 2758 in that company's official nomenclature. As of June 2011, an example of a 1995 E500 Limited is on display in the new Porsche Museum in Zuffenhausen, Germany.
This car is a 500E 1992 built and sold in Germany to a German government official who took it to Japan where he sold it in 2008 to a Japanese owner (supporting documents) who kept it until 2014. The car was then shipped back to Germany.
I purchased and imported it from Germany in 2015 with 98000 km (60000 miles). I am the 3rd owner from new (also being the 1st owner registered in the UK). This is supported by the comprehensive Service History, Datacard from MB and many other documents prior to my ownership.
It has now covered just over 121’500 km (75’500 miles).
Very Good Condition In & Out
Full Service History
MOT June 2020
New Tyres All Round
Car in Dry Storage
No expenses spared
- 5 litre V8 M119 - 320 bhp
- Automatic & Cruise Control
- AMG Springs and Suspension Upgrade (prior to my ownership)
- Self-levelling rear suspensions
- Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Leather trims
- Roller Blind Rear Window
- Electric Sunroof
- Automatic Climate Control
- Electric and Heated Front Seats
- Cruise Control
- AMG Alloys Wheels 18”
- Recaro Seats Front and Back
- Original Tools box, Spare Wheel, First Aid
- Body and Mechanically in very good condition - no rust
- Radio/Bluetooth/Phone connection - electrical aerial
- Comprehensive Service History - Original Owners Book - 2 Keys
- Fully Serviced Regularly - Oil, Filter, etc...
- 2 new rear tyres Continental (Front Michelin)
- A/C Compressor
- Rear Disc and Pads
- Distributor Caps, Rotors and HT leads
- Spark plugs
- Engine Electrical Wiring Loom + Side Engine Harness
- ECU Wiring Loom Reconditionned
- New Bonnet Insulation fitted
- Gear Box Oil replaced
- New Regulators Front Windows
- MOT June 2020
For further info, contact me via phone.
This 500 isn’t my first Young-Timer and won’t be the last. I have been part of MB Club UK and attended many shows where it was most welcomed and seeing as very rare indeed. The condition of this car as well as its performance are still today an hommage to an era where cars had a soul and made their owners proud.
This car has been entrusted to Investor Classics to restore to former glory. The car belonged to a prominent family and the partner of the previous owner wished for it to be restored to near new levels.....