1978 MkII (Mk2) Ford Escort RS2000 X-Pack For Sale
Mk II Escort RS2000 X-Pack
Cosworth Engine with dual stage boost control; 320bhp standard, 380bhp on boost.
· Ultimate Green body colour
· Graphite Grey bumpers, wheels & grille
· Carbon fibre mirror, spoiler and roof vent
· Single wiper motor
· 4 Cibie Super Oscar Spots & Covers
· Alloy rear diffuser
· 39 louvre vents in bonnet & quick release bonnet pins
· 4Xtreme Performance custom twin 3" exhaust system
· 2 sets of alloy wheels
o New Hankook Prime tyres on RS Alloys
o Nankang NS-2R semi slick tyres on Minilites
Engine & Gearbox
· New 4x4 Cosworth engine fitted in 2009. Less than 3000 miles to date(November 2018).
· Garrett T3 Turbo
· Rainbird 600bhp plenum
· Bailey oil breather
· Collins performance 31 actuator L1 ECU with Ahmed 380bhp chip
· RS500 race intercooler
· 3 slim-line 'push-pull' cooling fans; 2x 8" at front, 14" at rear
· Turbosmart Megasonic dump valve & dual boost controller
· Cosworth 2WD engine wiring loom with isolator and coil cut off switch
· RS2000 wiring loom remade and updated
· All blue silicone hose system
· Cosworth T5 gearbox with strengthened internals
· B+M Quick Pro Ripper shifter kit
· Retro Ford hydraulic clutch kit
· Group 4 alloy gearbox stay and gearbox mount
· Goodridge braided hoses
· Wide Atlas axle with Titan LSD and 3:72 CWP
· 4 link kit with poly rose joints & bushes
· Single T5 prop shaft
· Strengthened 16 tooth driveshafts
· Front Brakes - AP Racing 5000 Pro Callipers & rotors + bells. Ferodo DS3000 Pads
· Rear Brakes - Cosworth callipers and discs with Brembo race pads
· OPB Bias race pedal box & Grp4 hydraulic handbrake
· All lines are braided Goodridge hose running inside the car
Safety Devices & Security
· Full Grp4 Weld in roll cage with screen roof bar, dash bar, door bars, rear cross bar & strut brace bars
· SRS 6 point race harness
· 2 fire extinguishers
· Tubular key immobiliser & start procedure immobiliser
· Gaz Front Gold coilovers with adjustable compression strut kit
· Grp4 eccentric alloy top mounts
· Adjustable track control arms
· Grp4 alloy hubs with large bearing
· Low racked Grp4 world cup Crossmember.
· High ratio 2 1/4 turn steering rack with forged steel couplings and track rod ends.
· Gaz Road & Race adjustable Coilovers with 225lb springs
· Grp4 turrets
· Carbon Fibre effect rally centre console, dash panel, door panels, fire wall & handbrake base
· Carbon fibre parcel shelf
· Custom made graphite grey fibreglass dash pod for gauges
· Ford Power Start button with key
· Motordrive driver bucket seat & Sparco low mounted navigator bucket seat
· Suede deep dish race steering wheel with quick release steering hub
· Alimax gearbox surround, navigator foot rest & chequer plate footwells
· Helmet holder in rear roll cage
· Spare wheel post & strap kit behind seats complete with spare wheel
· Ford 500amp battery & battery strap kit
· All Seam welded and sealed before respray
· Large Grp4 Spec gearbox & diff tunnels
· Alimax grp4 12 gallon shaped fuel tank with grp4 filler splash bowl
· 2 Bosch 044 5 Bar fuel pumps and motorsport filters, 2L Alimax swirl pot
· AN-6 PTFE Teflon braided fuel hoses
· Blue alloy race fuel rail, Bosch 803 Green 400bhp injectors & Turbosmart 1200 fuel pressure regulator at engine
About the car
This car was built in 2009 by previous owner using all new engine and suspension parts. Full build details are included in folders along with a lot of old documentation and receipts from original owners. The build is also documented on Passion Ford website.
Since I bought this car in 2011 I have changed several aspects of the vehicle, mainly in regards to handling with new brakes and LSD & CWP set up also new track control arms and full steel track rod ends. I also removed the sunroof, fitting a new roof with strengthening brace. Also added carbon fibre Boot spoiler, Rear parcel shelf and new Motordrive drivers seat.
All work that I have done has been carried out by Martin Teggart Motorsports
All parts were purchased in Bradley Motorsports and Montgomery Motorsports for work I carried out.
The car looks and goes extremely well. It is time for someone else to enjoy it. This car cost over £36,000 to build.
I can deliver by my own car transport trailer to all parts of Ireland.
Car can be delivered to mainland U.K at additional cost by fully insured car haulage company for around £ 300
Serious enquiries appreciated.
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts