TVR Taimar 3000, 1977 R Reg, Totally Original, For Sale
Beautiful and very retro and original colour combo, one of the very best. Black & Gold on Black. The interior is in good condition, with black seats, carpets, dash, and door cards, etc.
Plenty of power, 142bhp back in the day, with a top speed of 119mph, 0-60mph in 7.8 seconds and exotic looks and fantastic sounds. Not bad at all for a car which is over 40 years old from 1977. 2 seats and light weight, it was built to go like the clappers back in the day and now it is appreciating like the clappers!
MOT with no advisories, almost 10 months MOT left through to 30th August 2019.
Tax exempt, being now classed as a historic vehicle.
What’s great about this car:
- An extremely desirable and fast-appreciating British classic car.
- A very original and unmolested example which has been cared for and looked after all its life (regular servicing, ‘cherished car’ insurance, etc.)
- SORN / Dry-Storage for most of the last 12 years.
- Always garaged by previous owner.
- Recently serviced, the full 12K service, tuned and given a good going over by a TVR Specialist (D&G Sports.)
- Running as ‘sweet as a nut.’
- Chassis is in great condition, not gone at all, ‘all the normal places’ are fine, recently the chassis was cleaned and wax-oiled as appropriate for a car of this age.
- Electric Windows.
- "Cigar Tray"
- Central Locking.
- "Sunshine Roof"
- Steering wheel reach / rake adjustment.
- Radio Cassette and Speaker System (although the soundtrack of the engine is obviously preferred!)
- A very cool and retro patina which has built up over the years.
- Rear Wheel Drive.
- Over £2400 recently spent ensuring the mechanics of this car are working as they should including:
* Cooling system flushed
* Radiator recorded not too long back
* New ITG Megaflow air filter fitted
* New Sump Gasket Fitted
* Carbs overhauled
* New in-line thermo fan switch fitted
* New Rack Gaiters fitted
* New M-Series Track Rod Ends Fitted
* New Upper Ball Joints Fitted
* Tracking and Wheel Alignment sorted
* Compression checks and report
* New Hoses including Heater Vent Inlet and Outlet
* New Bonnet Tether
* New thermostat and gasket
* New Wiper Blades
* New Rear View Mirror
* New Rear Bumpers
* New period and model correct rear number plate lights fitted
- This TVR Taimar 3,000 has a super extensive history, the best I have ever seen.
- Extensive receipts from the 1980’s.
- MOT certificates and history from 1992 to 2006.
- TVR Car Club Membership Documents including TVRCC vehicle assessments & reports from 1993 and 1997, as well as a TVRCC Year Planner.
- TVR M Series Parts catalogue and TVR Taimar Owners Handbook.
- Original TVR T-Slot Alloys Wheels – in amazing condition with good tyres.
- 73,700 original documented miles, which is on average less than 1,850 miles per year.
- Strong Engine, quiet gearbox, no oil/coolant leaks, good oil pressure, constant stable low water temperature.
- Pulls very well with no smoke or knocking.
What’s bad about this car:
- Paint wise it's in poor to average condition for its age.
- Could do with a new paint job!
- Fuel Gauge not currently working.
If you’re looking at this advert, I’m sure you know these are appreciating classics. This car is not perfect, but it is the right colour, it is reliable and mechanically sound, it has a MOT (even though it is not legally required to have one because it is over 40 years old), it has a solid chassis and it almost totally original, which is what investors want, so this car represents an excellent investment.
The car looks and sounds AMAZING and it attracts attention everywhere it goes, no doubt about that! Maximum smiles per mile, as with most TVR’s.
This car is very rare. Over its three-year production run, a total of only 395 normally aspired TVR Taimars were ever built. There are only 81 TVR Taimars left on the road in the UK and only 21 left from 1977. Most popular colours were blue, red and white, so when will you get another chance to buy an almost totally original black and gold period correct TVR Taimar 3,000?
Genuine and reluctant reason for sale.
£12,995 ONO - Payment in cash on collection or by BACS.
Sensible offers considered.
I'm not interested in any swaps / part exchanges, sorry.
If you require more pictures, or if you have any additional questions, or if you would like to arrange a viewing, then please contact me on 07900 680 113.
Sensible Offers Considered - Viewing by Appointment Only Please (South West London.)
Paul – 07900 680 113.
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts