TVR Taimar 3000, 1977 R Reg, Totally Orginal, For Sale
Beautiful and very retro and original colour combo, one of the very best. Black & Gold on Black. The interior is in good condition, with black seats, carpets, dash, and door cards, etc.
Plenty of power, 142bhp back in the day, with a top speed of 119mph, 0-60mph in 7.8 seconds and exotic looks and fantastic sounds. Not bad at all for a car which is over 40 years old from 1977. 2 seats and light weight, it was built to go like the clappers back in the day and now it is appreciating like the clappers!
MOT with no advisories, almost 10 months MOT left through to 30th August 2019.
Tax exempt, being now classed as a historic vehicle.
What’s great about this car:
- An extremely desirable and fast-appreciating British classic car.
- A very original and unmolested example which has been cared for and looked after all its life (regular servicing, ‘cherished car’ insurance, etc.)
- SORN / Dry-Storage for most of the last 12 years.
- Always garaged by previous owner.
- Recently serviced, the full 12K service, tuned and given a good going over by a TVR Specialist (D&G Sports.)
- Running as ‘sweet as a nut.’
- Chassis is in great condition, not gone at all, ‘all the normal places’ are fine, recently the chassis was cleaned and wax-oiled as appropriate for a car of this age.
- Electric Windows.
- "Cigar Tray"
- Central Locking.
- "Sunshine Roof"
- Steering wheel reach / rake adjustment.
- Radio Cassette and Speaker System (although the soundtrack of the engine is obviously preferred!)
- A very cool and retro patina which has built up over the years.
- Rear Wheel Drive.
- Over £2400 recently spent ensuring the mechanics of this car are working as they should including:
* Cooling system flushed
* Radiator recorded not too long back
* New ITG Megaflow air filter fitted
* New Sump Gasket Fitted
* Carbs overhauled
* New in-line thermo fan switch fitted
* New Rack Gaiters fitted
* New M-Series Track Rod Ends Fitted
* New Upper Ball Joints Fitted
* Tracking and Wheel Alignment sorted
* Compression checks and report
* New Hoses including Heater Vent Inlet and Outlet
* New Bonnet Tether
* New thermostat and gasket
* New Wiper Blades
* New Rear View Mirror
* New Rear Bumpers
* New period and model correct rear number plate lights fitted
- This TVR Taimar 3,000 has a super extensive history, the best I have ever seen.
- Extensive receipts from the 1980’s.
- MOT certificates and history from 1992 to 2006.
- TVR Car Club Membership Documents including TVRCC vehicle assessments & reports from 1993 and 1997, as well as a TVRCC Year Planner.
- TVR M Series Parts catalogue and TVR Taimar Owners Handbook.
- Original TVR T-Slot Alloys Wheels – in amazing condition with good tyres.
- 73,700 original documented miles, which is on average less than 1,850 miles per year.
- Strong Engine, quiet gearbox, no oil/coolant leaks, good oil pressure, constant stable low water temperature.
- Pulls very well with no smoke or knocking.
What’s bad about this car:
- Paint wise it's in poor to average condition for its age.
- Could do with a new paint job!
- Fuel Gauge not currently working.
If you’re looking at this advert, I’m sure you know these are appreciating classics. This car is not perfect, but it is the right colour, it is reliable and mechanically sound, it has a MOT (even though it is not legally required to have one because it is over 40 years old), it has a solid chassis and it almost totally original, which is what investors want, so this car represents an excellent investment.
The car looks and sounds AMAZING and it attracts attention everywhere it goes, no doubt about that! Maximum smiles per mile, as with most TVR’s.
This car is very rare. Over its three-year production run, a total of only 395 normally aspired TVR Taimars were ever built. There are only 81 TVR Taimars left on the road in the UK and only 21 left from 1977. Most popular colours were blue, red and white, so when will you get another chance to buy an almost totally original black and gold period correct TVR Taimar 3,000?
Genuine and reluctant reason for sale.
£14,995 ONO - Payment in cash on collection or by BACS.
Sensible offers considered.
I'm not interested in any swaps / part exchanges, sorry.
If you require more pictures, or if you have any additional questions, or if you would like to arrange a viewing, then please contact me on 07900 680 113.
Sensible Offers Considered - Viewing by Appointment Only Please (South West London.)
A very beautiful rare car with only 654 made in England between 1972 - 1979. American import started in 1977 - 1979 consuming a lot of the 3000M’s
We are selling this car on behalf of its current owner, who is very sad to see it go. Needless to say this has wanted for nothing and still in excellent .....
Chianti Starmist with fawn half hide interior, chianti carpets and black hood. Fitted with Power Assisted Steering, radio/cassette and four speakers, "W50 TVR" private plate, remote central locking and alarm. Three owners, twice previously supplied by us. A1 condition.
Six months warranty
Rare Factory Lightweight Vixen With Early Competition History
Later Road Registered in 1974.
The Car Was Fitted With A MGB Engine And Overdrive Gearbox With Salisbury Diff.
The Car Was Rebuilt In The Late 90's And Is Now Fitted With A 2 Litre B Series Engine With Alloy Cross Flow Head And .....
TVR Griffith 400
Fully rally prepared
A huge amount of money has been spent to prepare this car for the highest level of competition
Has competed in 4 rallyes; still in a very good condition
All mechanical parts have been redone two years ago
Only serious buyers who know the value .....
Were looking to buy your TVR Chimaera, Griffith, T350, Tuscan, Tamora, Sagaris
If you keen to sell please send us all the details and some pictures of the car for a competitive cash sale.
Don't want the hassle of selling your own car Commission sales also available, Getting you the best return .....
4 to choose from, 3 AJP,1 RV8, all total rebuild of engine and refreshed box and shocks,
one Aston Martin Silver, one Starfire Mica Blue, two Arctic White, and all ready for the season, Penske 3 way suspension, all come with 2 sets of wheels one with slicks one with wets, all fully refurbished .....
1997 TVR Chimaera 500 HC 68k Tuscan light conversion
5 Litre HC version, factory 340BHP 0-60 in 4.1 seconds, 175 mph
68,171 recorded miles, recorded as Category D.
No history at all with the car, the previous owner did contact me and claimed they had some but never exchanged so might be worth .....
Nice TVR 2500M from 1974 with the TR6 engine with the 3 carbs set up. A very good running / driving car!
Take a look at our website www.stolzeclassiccars.nl for more information and the biggest choice in REAL Classic Cars in "the Stolze Collection" , more than 450 in stock.! .....
TVR founder Trevor Wilkinson did not start series production with what became known as the Grantura until 1958 - so this is a very early TVR indeed. How early was discovered as the chassis number was 112 - with Grantura production only starting at 101 this was the twelfth off the line and, according .....