1955 Austin A90 Six Westminster - 2 owners only 67,900 miles
Replacing the A70 Hereford model, the new A90 Six Westminster made its debut at the 1954 London Motor Show. The ‘Westminster’ title had previously been applied to a four light version of the mid 1930’s Austin 12/4 and Sixteen Six.
Power came from the new 2.6 litre ‘C’ Series BMC six cylinder engine, which developed 85 bhp, giving this new well appointed model brisk acceleration and a top speed close to 90 mph.
This Ocean Blue example has had just two owners and covered a mere 67,900 miles. In remarkably original condition throughout, there is little doubt that this car has been cosseted during its lifetime and a number of service invoices - some dating back to the 1950s - are supplied. The original Maintenance Voucher booklet shows the first 500 mile service to have been carried out by the supplying garage on 25th April 1955. The correct jack and wheel brace are also stowed in the boot.
On the road, this large Austin belies its 63 years, climbing hills effortlessly and keeping pace with modern traffic easily.
Sparingly used in recent years, this characterful Austin is now something of a rarity.
For more information and to arrange an appointment to view please call on the details below or the details below
Finished in British Racing Green with Black Leather Interior, Newly Restored Including Complete Engine/Drive Train re-build with New Rod Yates Aluminium Racing Body with Accurate Vintage Interior,.....
This is best described as without doubt one of the finest examples around. The car has been fully restored with throughout taking great care to have every detail exact. This is as close as you could.....