For sale is a very well cared for, well maintained and low mileage original 855R with one of the best service records available currently in the UK for a 22-year-old car:
1996 Volvo 855R Auto Estate in original launch bright red, with a light blonde/birch Porsche designed interior owned by a Volvo Owners Club member and Volvo enthusiast.
2.3 litre 20 Valve Turbo Petrol (240hp)
Automatic gearbox with sports mode
0-62mph 7.4 secs (auto), top speed of 146mph.
240hp (179kW) @ 5400rpm. 300Nm (220lb ft)
Heated front seats
Electric sunroof, 8-way adjustable power front seats, windows, mirrors
Stereo and multi CD player in the boot
· The Volvo 855R has covered only 69,561miles / 111,948km equivalent with a fantastic service record.
· Full documented Volvo service history and equivalent MOT and service records, being imported and registered in 2017 to the UK from Japan.
· Servicing and maintenance in the UK in 2018 under current ownership has been with Hutton Bros of York long-standing respected independent Volvo specialist dealing with my post import maintenance and upgrading.
· Only driven in good weather as second vehicle.
In 2018 this vehicle benefits from a comprehensive Volvo servicing and maintenance record including addressing all post import areas thoroughly.
- Full Hutton Bros servicing, including a new timing belt and MOT (MOT’d until Oct 2019).
- New VOLVO battery and retaining clip.
- x4 Refurbished and correct Genuine VOLVO Volan 17” alloys wheels in the correct anthracite colour code.
- Brand new x4 Pirelli P Zero 205/45R17 88Y original spec tyres.
- Completely updated SACHS suspension components package (new parts as original specification) fitted by Hutton Bros after imported from the US via FCP Euro (£3,600 of parts, shipping/duty and labour), fitted at the end of March with Hutton Bros @ 108,163km, good for the next 100,000 miles:
o Uprated OEM VOLVO grooved upgraded ATE front discs and pads to 302mm.
o Replaced Genuine VOLVO rear discs and pads.
o New VOLVO handbrake shoes.
o All round new OEM VOLVO suspension coil springs.
o All round new OEM SACHS suspension shock absorbers.
o New OEM steering arms.
o New OEM track rod ends/links.
o Both inner and outer CV boots.
o New steering bushes.
- New BOSCH distributor cap & rotor, spark plugs and wiring set, including new air filter.
- Genuine Volvo front strut brace.
- A fully reconditioned and warrantied VOLVO steering rack.
- New genuine VOLVO windscreen rubber/plastic drips strips.
- New genuine VOLVO mudguards x4.
- New original square end-pipe for exhaust.
- UK spec Volvo 850R period correct stereo (I also have the original Japanese stereo if you just want to listen to only Radio 2 on the narrow frequency band!).
- New Genuine Volvo rubber floor mats.
- New Genuine Volvo boot liner.
- New Genuine Volvo parcel shelf roller blind.
- New rear washer jet.
- VOLVO UK have confirmed this vehicle has also been previously re-called to fix the heated front seat fault recall.
- No damage or issues from aftermarket sat navs, phones etc on the dashtop/console popular in UK and Japan.
- Stored in an insulated and heated garage.
Drives beautifully and its bodywork is preserved very well and mechanically very strong, cosmetically, paint could in the long term be improved in some areas and the interior re-freshed further but as stated this car is 22 years of age with solid preservation.
If you are genuinely looking for one of these vehicles and understand their specification I do not need to add in or document the long history and specification of these cars here.
The 850R has a good pedigree as a modern classic and as a robust, attractive, performance orientated estate edition inspired by BTCC two wheeled antics, Top Gear reviews and police endorsement up and down UK motorways in T5R form. In short a great car with a strong future value.
“Drive Tastefully” in a TurboBrick if this is of interest.
Please only genuine interest with funds to purchase, this is a good quality honest car.
This 1994 Volvo 850T5 estate was found languishing at the back of a covered area behind a couple of other cars that a contact of mine had been invited to go and see with the view to purchase, having.....
A very rare and original Volvo 850R having only covered 59,453 miles from new.. Extremely desirable manual model. EU specification. Hand sourced and tested drirect from Japan, buy our team. Sold as.....