This stunning Cortina had a very successful rally career in the early 1990s and has more recently been developed into a class winning and totally immaculate historic touring car.
Originally a Cortina GT but completely rebuilt as a rally Lotus Cortina by Graham Lepley and Ian Corkhill in 1990, and re-registered as a Lotus in the Isle of Man. The car went on to finish second in that year’s Manx Historic before winning the event the following year. Class wins on the 1994 National Britannia and 1995 Ypres were followed by an extensive campaign of European historic rallies including Monte Carlo Historique, LeJog, TulpenRallye, Classic Marathon, Rally of the Tests etc, with numerous top twenty places and class wins through to 2005.
Raced sporadically from 2006, the Cortina passed into the hands of its current owner in 2016, when a no expense spared rebuild to FIA specification was commenced, culminating in the car’s initial outing at Donington last April and a class win second time out at the Oulton Park Gold Cup.
Developed with assistance from some of the best historic touring car brains in the business and with an extensive specification, including:
• Nick Stagg engine, built using a new block and head and producing 170 bhp and 134lbs/ft of torque
• AHR Koni suspension all round with bump/rebound to suit the A Frame rear suspension
• rear axle specially built by AHR to cope with the extra stress of running the A Frame, with special drive shafts, seals etc
• straight cut close ratio Quaife gearbox mated to a 4.7 LSD, both rebuilt by Roscoe Engineering
• totally new braking system including an AHR adjustable pedal box, special discs and pads
• all safety equipment replaced and in date
Complete with a detailed history file, new HTP papers and a spare set of rims with tyres. Immaculate and absolutely ready to race.
A late spec spare FIA Twin Cam, ultra close ratio straight cut gearbox and an LSD with new 4.44 CWP are also available by separate negotiation. All freshly rebuilt.
Lotus 24 BRM V8 F1, chassis number P2, originally sold to BRP in the sixties and raced in period by Tim Parnell and David Prophet, 1st place Glover Trophy at Goodwood Revival 2017 driven by Martin.....
1964 Lotus Elan race car rebuilt to FIA appendix K spec, new engine built by LH Owen (Lester Owen) using new SAS cylinder head zero miles. FIA papers issued 2017.
Full spec available on request
Lotus powered single seat race car from the mid sixties, thought to be a Brabham or a Titan I cant be sure. Fitted a Lotus Twin cam engine (dry sumped) and Hewland mark 6 gearbox. This car has been.....