A clean and original example of the Series II a Land Rover.
This is the 4th Series Land Rover that I have owned. Genuine reason for sale – When it comes to classic motoring, I have two interests Land Rovers and TVR’s . I only have a single garage so can’t have both and having owned this Series II for the last 18 months , I feel that I wish to get another TVR, so the sale of this Land Rover is required.
I bought the Land Rover from a reputable classic land rover dealer and have since tidied up a few areas, added a couple of original old stock items for completeness.
It is in a good condition with a solid chassis, new springs and dampers, body work whilst carrying the land rover age related dings and dents is very presentable. Foot Wells and bulkhead very solid. All electrics work fine along with the heater and no jumping out of gear , knocking from prop shafts etc.
This is a very good condition Series II a that I would say is pitched as a nice original presentable condition but is not a newly restored , shiny show vehicle. Even has its original elephant hide seats in the cabin. I believe the land rover was subject to a significant restoration circa 5 years ago, but can’t evidence it.
Since I have owned it I have maintained and worked on the vehicle:
• New Canvas
• Elephant hide bench seats to the rear
• Stainless Steel Exhaust Fitted (original bore, not an oversized one)
• Fairey Overdrive Fitted (works well , no abnormal whine)
• Full service of oil and fluids
• New spark plus and leads
• New original old stock tudor windscreen washer bottle and manual push pump.
• Land rover has the spin on oil filter adapter which is a bonus
It does have the normal land rover oil drips and if I was picky I would say that the paint looks better in the pics than from the naked eye and that the front swivel rubber seals could do with replacing as there is a bit of leakage from these. Nothing drastic, just more a job for the winter when not enjoying the Landy!
Price to allow me to fund my next car and in no immediate hurry, so no silly offers please.
Following lots of queries and questions , i'd add:
1. Engine does not smoke or make strange noises
2. Starts well, choke works fine
3. Has had a new zenith carb at some point in the last two years
4. Steering is tight and does not wander (for a land rover)
5. Brakes are all good and hand brake works
6. Gearbox, transmission and overdrive all good no jumping out of gear
7. No knocking etc from drive shafts, prop shafts UJ's etc
8. All corrosion as picked up on last MOT was dealt with for the re-test pass. Does not have a current MOT (MOT Exempt) but done less than 500 miles since last MOT which you can check on the Gov website for the MOT history.
9. Has been regularly serviced by me , oil, coolant, plugs , leads etc
10. Chassis is solid, original with normal previous patching over the last 50 odd years
11. Land rover , in my ownership, has always been garaged and used on dry , sunny and snow days
I've owned this Land Rover for 8 or 9 years having saved it from it's long term resting place in Wales.
We fitted her with a galvanised chassis, parabolic springs, clutch, shocks, Weber carb conversion etc etc.
She has been regularly and lightly used since her mid life refresh, and we resisted .....
Classic Land Rover 109 Series III 4x4 1974
original LHD, Original Engine Rover 2 1/4, 4 Cylinders, 4x4 High/Low range, 5 Doors, roof rack. tow ball ,
Solid . Nice innside/outside . good mechanically
We do assist with the transport
In our June 8th Auction 2017 Ledbury UK
The Series IIA was in production from 1961 to 1971, and is considered by many to be the most rugged of all the classic Land Rovers. The Series II became the IIA when the diesel engine was bored out to match that of the petrol version at 2 ¼ litres.
Located in the USA...Ready for Summer Fun Driving!!
1964 Land Rover Series IIA Safari
Engine:inline 4 gas
• Removable .....
Classic Land Rover 109 Diesel 1979 4x4 High/Low range
Original LHD. Original Rover engine 2.5, 4 cylinders, 5 doors , Roadworthy, Nice inside/outside, Solid, no rust. Good mechanically
Documents ready for exportation
We do assist with the transport
Spare parts available
* Classic Land Rover 109 Series III Station Wagon, 4x4 Year 1975, original LHD, Original Engine Rover 2 1/4, 4 Cylinders, 4x4 High/Low range, 5 Doors, roof rack. tow ball ,
Watch a video of this car at:
Fully rebuilt / restored / modified by previous professional mechanic to an extremely high standard (he runs his own garage / classic car restoration business), this is a credit to him and is now a very useable classic in better than new condition. This is not the usual scruffy amateur conversion as .....
We are delighted to offer this very rare 1958 Land Rover Series 2 Cuthbertson tracked vehicle. Cuthbertson was an early manufacturer of rubber tracks, dating back to World War 2, and designed the first endless rubber belt. This led to many further developments based on applications for his invention. .....
Fabulous, Fully restored LWB Military series 2a. 2 1/4 petrol. Galvanised chassis, painted black. New bespoke wiring harness. Fully rebuilt and galvanised bulkhead. All brightwork re-galvanised, Oil cooler, Twin fuel tanks, Huge spec, Originally issued to the SAS, currently presented as a truck cab, .....
Land Rover Centre Huddersfield (est. 1968)
the UKs No 1 supplier of Quality Re manufactured, Rebuilt and Refurbished Classic Land Rovers
offer for your consideration:
347 AWW – 1962 Land Rover Series IIA – Diesel – 63,000 miles
This Land Rover is exactly how it was supplied new, via .....