A clean and original example of the Series II a Land Rover.
This is the 4th Series Land Rover that I have owned. Genuine reason for sale – When it comes to classic motoring, I have two interests Land Rovers and TVR’s . I only have a single garage so can’t have both and having owned this Series II for the last 18 months , I feel that I wish to get another TVR, so the sale of this Land Rover is required.
I bought the Land Rover from a reputable classic land rover dealer and have since tidied up a few areas, added a couple of original old stock items for completeness.
It is in a good condition with a solid chassis, new springs and dampers, body work whilst carrying the land rover age related dings and dents is very presentable. Foot Wells and bulkhead very solid. All electrics work fine along with the heater and no jumping out of gear , knocking from prop shafts etc.
This is a very good condition Series II a that I would say is pitched as a nice original presentable condition but is not a newly restored , shiny show vehicle. Even has its original elephant hide seats in the cabin. I believe the land rover was subject to a significant restoration circa 5 years ago, but can’t evidence it.
Since I have owned it I have maintained and worked on the vehicle:
• New Canvas
• Elephant hide bench seats to the rear
• Stainless Steel Exhaust Fitted (original bore, not an oversized one)
• Fairey Overdrive Fitted (works well , no abnormal whine)
• Full service of oil and fluids
• New spark plus and leads
• New original old stock tudor windscreen washer bottle and manual push pump.
• Land rover has the spin on oil filter adapter which is a bonus
It does have the normal land rover oil drips and if I was picky I would say that the paint looks better in the pics than from the naked eye and that the front swivel rubber seals could do with replacing as there is a bit of leakage from these. Nothing drastic, just more a job for the winter when not enjoying the Landy!
Price to allow me to fund my next car and in no immediate hurry, so no silly offers please.
Following lots of queries and questions , i'd add:
1. Engine does not smoke or make strange noises
2. Starts well, choke works fine
3. Has had a new zenith carb at some point in the last two years
4. Steering is tight and does not wander (for a land rover)
5. Brakes are all good and hand brake works
6. Gearbox, transmission and overdrive all good no jumping out of gear
7. No knocking etc from drive shafts, prop shafts UJ's etc
8. All corrosion as picked up on last MOT was dealt with for the re-test pass. Does not have a current MOT (MOT Exempt) but done less than 500 miles since last MOT which you can check on the Gov website for the MOT history.
9. Has been regularly serviced by me , oil, coolant, plugs , leads etc
10. Chassis is solid, original with normal previous patching over the last 50 odd years
11. Land rover , in my ownership, has always been garaged and used on dry , sunny and snow days
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts