1929 Ford 5 Window Coupe = cool Custom Flames $135k For Sale
Located in the USA...
Model 5 Window Custom Coupe
Color Black with Custom Flames
Engine 350 Vortec V8
Transmission 2 Speed Automatic
Mileage 8 Test Miles
Other Tons of one off custom parts!
1929 Ford 5 Window Coupe
- Before you saw a reality TV show on every channel cameras were following around the legendary Boyd Coddington as he rose to the top of the custom car world on his show American Hot Rod.
- Shows like this along with Barrett Jackson introduced the rest of the world to the Classic Car hobby we all know and love.
- Although this 1929 Ford Custom Hot Rod was approximately 75% complete at the time of Boyd's untimely and all too early death, the final product as finished by master fabricator and builder, Jeff Eischen, is 100% Coddington styling and design. The car is actually the last car worked on before his death in 2008.
- The steel body was chopped by Marcel's Custom Metal Shaping who also fabricated the hood and hood sides.
- Doing everything in house Boyd's shop fabricated many one-off chassis components such as the torsion bar front suspension, bat wings and drilled wishbones. The car is coated in a deep Black that is topped with beautifully laid out Hot Rod flames. The car has a great look with some great body lines. The profile of the car is not like most Street Rods you see nowadays sitting nice and low to the ground without an extreme chop that you typically see. It has been shaved with nice smooth doors and deck lid. Round headlights are found up front and are nicely coated in Black. It wouldn't be a Coddington car if it wasn't rolling around on the world known Coddington wheels.
- This car sits on nicely polished Coddington true knock offs with brand new 15" and 17" radial tires.
- Powering up this classic is a 350cid Chevy Vortec engine that packs plenty of torque. The motor is topped with Barry Grant's Six Shooter intake with 3 Demon 98 carburetors that are perfectly adjusted. Every thing has a nice finish with a polished Eishen designed/built finned air cleaner that matches the finned Hildebrandt valve covers. Other cool under hood stuff includes a Hunt magneto style electronic distributor, electric water pump, and a one-off breather system. The transmission is a TCI Turbo 350 coupled to a Winters quickchange with Coddington designed and fabricated rear cover and axle housings.
- The leather interior has many custom designed features including the seats, door panels with billet spears and tachometer pod. This is all complimented by the classic Stewart Warner gauges in a traditional cluster housing by Hot Rods by Dean. The dash is cleanly coated in Black and works perfectly with the gauges. A polished tilt column is in place and topped by a custom wrapped polished billet steering wheel.
- This significant Hot Rod has never been shown and has test miles only.
- That means you have a chance to be the one to introduce it to the world. The car is beautifully done and will put all of those other Street Rods to shame. Boyd was a visionary in the Hot Rodding industry and is an icon in the hobby.
- Make this amazing street rod yours for $135,000.00!
Can be exported at your cost or about $1,500 dollars to the UK port in 4 weeks...
- Serious collectors please...more pics coming and on request...
Thanks for looking
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts