I am selling my lovely UK TT Supra. I have owned this car for 2.5 years and selling only due to acquiring other car projects. The condition of the car is excellent as is it’s history file with every Toyota invoice since 2000.
I have advertised this car for sale before and seemingly sold it many times. By that you can glean that I am becoming rather tiresome of people with no interest in buying it. I am more than happy to chat to a genuine buyer, answer questions and make the time to show the car but please do not contact me if you have no intention or interest to buy. This includes:
- people who have a similar car for sale and want to exchange notes / share their wisdom
- people who might or might not want to buy one in 6 months time
- people who want a manual
- people who have seen one for £12k and think mine is over priced - please do buy the cheaper car.
I am not trying to be rude in anyway but please do me the courtesy of not wasting your own time and mine. Instead of exchanging lots of phonecalls and messages - come and stand in front of it.
I am not a dealer, I enjoy cars and owning the very best examples of original UK specification cars. I am a teenager of the 1990s so grew up mesmerised by the cars coming from Japan and so my love for cars began.
This car really is a one off. It has has 5 owners in nearly 25 years incl me but had one owner from 2000 to 2015 who took it religiously to their local Toyota dealer every year for a service. It has done low mileage (less than 4000 per year) but always been MOT’d and kept on the road. It has been kept original with Toyota parts. The history file is immense with every invoice (even tax disc) since 2000.
I also have lots of pictures including underneath that I can send if needed as I can't post them all
The service book is stamped and history is as follows:
- Registered 4/1/94 to Octagon Toyota Bracknell (now Jemca) - Original number plates in boot (I got new ones made last year from Jemca Bracknell as the old ones looked a little tatty)
- 15/9/1994 - service Toyota Hills of Woodford, Essex - mileage 8813
- 9/6/1995 - service Toyota Hills of Woodford, Essex - mileage 15791
- 22/11/1995 - service Toyota Hills of Woodford, Essex - mileage 20323
- 29/10/1996 - service Toyota Hills of Woodford, Essex - mileage 29906
- 8/8/1997 - service Toyota Hills of Woodford, Essex - mileage 38276
- 28/9/1998 - service Toyota Hills of Woodford, Essex - mileage 45208
- In 2000 it changed ownership and remained in same ownership until 2015. All invoices available for work from this point onwards and all MOTs as well.
- 5/2/00 - service Toyota Bristos Garage, Ipwich - mileage 56689 - £154.98
- 06/01/01 - service + MOT - Toyota Bristos Garage, Ipwich - mileage 59796 - new discs and pads - £915.33
- 05/01/02 - service + MOT - Toyota Bristos Garage, Ipwich - mileage 62811 - £307.96
- 30/12/02 - service+ MOT - Toyota Bristos Garage, Ipwich - mileage 65729 - £277.29
- 03/01/04 - service + MOT - Toyota Bristos Garage, Ipwich - mileage 68794 - £326.04
- 17/06/04 - new diff cooler fitted - Toyota Bristos Garage, Ipwich - £278.76
- 04/01/05 - service + MOT - Toyota Johnsons, Essex - mileage 71572 - £299.07
- 05/01/06 - service + MOT - Toyota Johnsons, Essex - mileage 73811 - £167.72
- 02/01/07 - service + MOT - Toyota Johnsons, Essex - mileage 74715 - £190.10
- 05/01/08 - service + MOT - Toyota Johnsons, Essex - mileage 75875 - £221.34
- 06/01/09 - service + MOT - Toyota Grants, Essex - mileage 77632 - £222.33
- 02/01/10 - service + MOT - Toyota Grants, Essex- mileage 79647 - £230.72
- 23/04/10 - Toyota Grants, Essex - mileage 80263 - driver's door window regulator changed - £183.86
- 31/12/10 - MOT - Lookers Toyota, Essex - mileage 81678 - failed due to off side rear shock absorber
- 07/01/11 - service - Toyota Lookers, Essex - mileage 81725 - £663.31 including offside rear shock absorber changed
- 17/01/12 - service + MOT - Toyota Lookers, Essex - mileage 83796 - £1473.87 including cambelt replacement, spark plugs, rear pads and new radiator fitted
- 09/01/13 - service + MOT - Toyota Lancaster, Essex - mileage 86120 - £165.58
- 13/01/14 - service + MOT - Toyota Lancaster, Essex - mileage 89231 - £206
- 16/01/14 -Toyota Lancaster, Essex - front pads and discs changed - £509.42
- 12/01/15 - service + MOT - Toyota Lancaster, Essex - mileage 91456 - £313.84
- 03/11/15 - Toyota Lancaster, Essex - error code 42 causing overdrive light to flash and active spoiler not working (common fault) - wiring to ECU repaired - £315
- 13/11/15 - Toyota Lancaster, Essex - mileage 92167 - overdrive light on - error code 61 - speed sensor replaced - £105.67
November 2015 - Change of ownership to the person I bought the car from - invoices continue
- 08/01/16 - Renowned Supra Specialist Whifbitz - Valve stem seals / turbo intake pipes replaced / cam cover seals, cambelt all replaced - £1164.96
10/03/16 - Toyota Steven Eagell - Letchworth - service - mileage 92830 - £120
I bought the car in August 2016 with just over 93000 miles. As you can see, mechanically it had been looked after. However, the body work whilst good needed some attention as it has been largely untouched for most of its life. Of note, there were scuffs to the door mirrors and there was rust creeping under the top of the boot lid (common place for it) as well as parking dents and badly worn alloy wheels. There was also a number of small electrical niggles mainly blown bulbs in the dash illumination and the factory alarm was on its last legs. I have painstakingly replaced all of these and ensured everything is fully working. Summary of my work includes:
- 06/09/16 - new cat 1 alarm - £349
- 28/09/16 - Parts from Toyota Reading - new windscreen cowl (original had faded) / seal / door mirror glass - £520
- 11/10/16 - full paintless dent removal to every panel - £210
- 04/10/16 - full wheel refurb x4 - £280 and new matching Dunlop Sports Max RT tyres all round
- 08/11/16 - Professional body shop repainting of door mirrors and cleaning and painting rust at top of boot lid - £1029
- 12/01/17 - service and MOT - Toyota Reading - mileage 94637 - £1783.87 - they completely went through the car and changed all the fluids incl transmission and differential as well as oil and coolant & spark plugs. Both front brake flexible hoses were replaced and rear shock absorber gaiters. They also did an air con service and resoldered the ABS light in the dash as this had stopped illuminating due to a bad connection (another common issue)
- 12/07/17 - mobile car electrician - £72 - replaced auto gear lever with new leather item and needed overdrive wire to be reconnected or else this function would be lost. A lot of people replace this and just cut the wire but I went to the trouble of having it professionally installed. Also had 3rd rear brake light wired in as in pre 1995 cars in UK this was not connected and I think is an important safety feature, this now works fine. He also resoldered the ABS light again and it was worked fine ever since
- 19/07/17 - new Toyota battery fitted
- 10/08/17 - Toyota Reading - Auxillary belt replaced - £292.88
- 18/01/18 - service and MOT - mileage 96810 - Toyota Reading - starter motor also replaced as well as front anti roll bar bushes - £888.46
- 10/05/18 - Toyota Reading - diff cooler pipes began to leak so corroded pipes removed and pipes looped to stop leak, diff oil topped up - £144
- 22/06/18 - 2 day paint correction and ceramic coating applied. Front seats also recoloured. and brake callipers repainted in original black colour with original 'Supra' logos - £1099
- 17/12/18 - service and MOT - Toyota Reading - mileage 98131 - £160
As well as the work above, I have sourced may original small parts from Megazip in Japan and have pages of all the items I have replaced that comes to £1000s. For instance the under bonnet sound insulation was starting to sag so I had one specially imported from Japan to replace it such is the level of detail. The tank guard has also been replaced last year and new glass headlights fitted in late 2016 - these alone are around £1000. OEM new leather door arm rests sourced as well
Everything works on this car including:
- active aero works as it should
- air con fully, OEM radio with CD changer in boot, heated seats and all electrics working.
- full tool kit and spare wheel
Last year, I took the plastic sills off and inspected underneath which was very clean. I also rustproofed with Hammerite. When it was last at Toyota, I asked to see it on the ramp and took pictures to show how clean it is.
- MOT until Jan 2020 and no advisories
- HPI clear, V5 present and in my name.
- I am meticulous about my cars and it has only ever been hand washed by myself using a two bucket technique and fresh cloths every time to minimise swirls. Given the paint is as old as the car and black shows every mark, it is in absolutely stunning condition.
Only things to note are a very small ripple in paint on left front wing - this has been there for many years and is not rust but it may have had a small repair in the past and it is the primer not quite flattened. I was quoted around £300 to have this repainted but as the car has been paint detailed I did not want to affect the overall finish and I am being very fussy in even mentioning this. The diff cooler has also been disconnected due to the pipes leaking (see above) which is a common fault. The LSD itself is fine (regular oil changes) and European cars were unique in having coolers for the diff mainly for long autobahn type driving. In no way does this affect the performance of the car. I have the pipes if anyone wanted to get them remade as new ones are no longer available. The cooler itself is still in place and is fine. A lot of UK Supras no longer have their diff coolers or the LSDs may have been damaged over the years. This is a 25 year old car but it really is in excellent condition and would put many newer cars on dealer forecourts to shame.
I am happy to chat, I feel it is very fairly priced given all the above and I won't be considering a big reduction. There are cars with much higher mileage and half the originality being advertised for close to £20k. This is a truly fantastic car that will appeal to someone who wants perhaps the best example of the iconic Supra. Only 600 UK cars were ever imported and I doubt any remain as nice as this.
We are pleased to present for sale this outstanding Toyota Supra Base finished in beige metallic paint with a beige cloth interior, Grab yourself a true classic only to go up in value, Features include:.....
Toyota Supra 3.0 turbo auto 1991 comes with reg. Red 123k with FSH .Full mot Elec Windows Elec mirrors Remote C/L Full Grey leather interior Stainless steel exhaust system (sounds awesome) Dump value.....
- Chassis # JT2JA82J0R0019725
- Showing Just 75,435 Miles From New
- A One-Owner Example & Clean CARFAX Report
- Major Service Just Completed Including New Clutch, Timing Belt & Tires
- Well Serviced.....
Here for sale is a absolutely stunning stock looking feb 1994 'l reg' silver toyota supra 3.0 gz twin turbo auto (with manual mode). it is a genuine gz factory twin turbo, and has only 43k genuine.....
To Be OFFERED AT AUCTION at RM Sothebys' Auburn Fall event, 29 August - 1 September 2019. Estimate:$100,000 - $125,000 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged inline six-cylinder engine Desirable six-speed manual.....
Genuine low mileage supra , genuine reason for sale , previous owner for last 15 years has sadly passed away , always looked after & serviced at local Toyota main dealer with receipts, drives superb.....