1960 Chevrolet Corvette = Roadster 33k miles 283 Red $64.9k For Sale
Located in the USA...
Model Corvette Roadster
Color Red and White
Engine 283V8 - 230HP
Transmission 2 speed powerglide
Mileage 33,172 on odometer (2,000 on engine)
Other Numbers matching, new convertible top!
1960 Chevrolet Corvette =Roadster = US-specs..
- Chevrolet already had a hit on its way with the BelAir but needed something different to compete with the European sports car market. They designed the Corvette with this in mind and the concept version received a lot of interest so they rushed production of the Corvette in 1953. Sales were not what was expected and the program was actually almost cancelled. Good thing they didn't because the Corvette has lived on as one of the most popular sports cars ever created and not only are they still being produced today even the new ones have a dedicated following. This 1960 Corvette belongs in the C1 body style group but features the dual headlights you only started to see a couple years prior in 58. This car is a very nice example of one of these cars and has been kept pretty much all original. It is an original Texas car and has been well cared for since new.
- It is currently garage kept and only driven on fair weather days. The Red paint is in good condition and is the original color. It has only been repainted 1 time since leaving the factory and that was about 25 years ago. Those classic coves are done in White which ties in nicely with the hardtop which is painted White as well. That is one of the coolest features on these old vettes, you just have so many options. You can drive it as a convertible, put the soft top up, or put on the hardtop for a more coupe like appearance.
- The chrome on the car is in good condition as is all the original trim which is nicely mounted in place. The steel wheels are painted red to match the body but you only see a slight edge of that peaking out from behind the original hubcaps which feature the knock of style center. Wrapped around those wheels are Wide White wall radial tires which add the perfect touch to this 50s roadster.
- The drive train of the car is all original and numbers matching but has been gone through. It receives all standard tune ups/oil changes and the 283 ci 230 hp motor is fresh being rebuilt only 2,000 miles ago. The engine is all stock but has received a few small visual upgrades like the chrome alternator and cool flex radiator hose. The motor starts up well and runs great. It has a nice smooth idle, doesn't smoke and doesn't have cooling issues.
- It is paired with the original 2 speed powerglide which was also totally rebuilt with less than 1,000 miles on it since.
One of the coolest features about the car in addition to being numbers matching is it has the original interior. While it is showing its age in a few small spots there are no rips/tears in the upholstery and it looks great considering it is over 55 years old. Everything has the stock appearance and it all works correctly. The convertible top is done in White and is brand new. The hardtop has also been redone with a new headliner and new paint.
These Corvettes are a big part of automotive history and will always have a huge role in the car collecting world.
- They have held their value well and will be considered collectable for many years to come.
Take this little Red Corvette home for $64,900.00!
Can be exported at your cost or about $1,500 dollars to the UK port in 4 weeks...bn
- Serious collectors please...more pics coming and on request...
Thanks for looking
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts