Classic Cars for Sale on Car and Classic UK.

CLASSIC CARS



Artcurial Motorcars - ccts2516 Login
Website Contact Links
Artcurial MotorcarsArtcurial Motorcars
7Rond Point, des Champs Elysées Paris France

tel: +33 1 42 99 20 73     
web: http://www.artcurial.com
LIVE adverts (82)

1954 Panhard X86 Dolomites par Pichon Parat For Sale by Auction

French title Chassis n° 481837 Engine n° 39740 - Alain Miklitarian Collection - Transparent history - Participated in the Tour de France Auto 1954 - Exceptional appearance A lively, lightweight car with excellent road-holding, the Panhard Dyna made the perfect base for a race car. At the Paris Motor Show in October 1953, the coachbuilders Pichon & Parat presented a totally new car on this base : the Dolomites. Equipped with a profiled metal body, this sleek sports car caught the eye of many aspiring drivers. The example on offer was one of the first Dolomites built, constructed on chassis 481 837. It was ordered directly from Panhard by Mr Laurent Sagnier, who wanted a Dolomites to race. It was delivered on 2 May 1954, and immediately transported to the workshop of Bernard Pichon and André Parat. Registered 8080 DB 75, the car made its first appearance in the Tour de France Automobile 1954, driven by Laurent Sagnier and Robert Lachaux. It didn't finish the event, but on 28-29 May 1955, with Garoni and Collin behind the wheel, it won the " Sports " class in the 5th International Rally in Aix-en-Provence. In 1957, the car was acquired by André Brunel. It was registered 525 GF 06, and prepared by Lucien Chanchou, the renowned driver and Panhard dealer, who had a garage in Villeneuve-lès-Avignon. Following an accident, the car changed appearance somewhat, in particular at the front : the air intake and the grille were enlarged slightly, with lateral ribs appearing between the headlights and the foglamps. During this restoration, an air intake was added to the bonnet, and once the work was finished, the car was painted iridescent blue. In 1964, André Brunel sold the Dolomites to Pierre Dellière, founder of the museum in Orgon. In 1974 it passed in to the hands of Mr Vila, in Vaucluse. Repainted yellow, it was given a wide central black band and registered 163 NF 84. The next owner was the dealer Henri Lalanne who advertised the Dolomites for sale in various specialist magazines. Bought by Mr Gaschet, an enthusiast from Maine-et-Loire, this berlinetta then appeared at a few historic race meetings, having been repainted blue with a wide central band in white. The original seats were replaced with the seats it retains today, taken from a D.B. Le Mans cabriolet. It was registered 9036 RR 49 and then sold to Yves Le Luc from Vienne, who had the car painted in its present livery. In 1986, the car was acquired by an eminent Panhardiste from Côtes d'Armor : Jean-Pierre Allain. Very involved with the Automobile Club de l'Ouest and the organisation of the Le Mans 24 Hours, Jean-Pierre Allain was a well-known figure in motor racing in the West of France and in the Panhard world. He equipped the car with running gear and a 5CV engine dating from the year after the car was built. Jean-Pierre Allain was very fond of his Dolomites and looked after it until the day he died. In 2014, it was sold by the family to Alain Miklitarian, another huge marque enthusiast. Exceptional both for its history and its compact, virile looks, this Panhard Dolomites is eligible for all kinds of historic sporting events, where its rarity will be greatly appreciated. Texte et archives © Guillaume Waegemacker Photos © Daniel Denis Estimation 100 000 - 130 000 €


This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts