1937 Bentley 4 1/4 Litre By Vesters & Neirinck For Sale
- Chassis # B134HK
- One Of Only Two Closed Examples by Vesters & Neirinck
- Offered From Long-Term Dutch Ownership
- A Numbers Matching Example
- A Running & Driving Example For Minor Improvement Or Total Restoration
Shortly after Bentley was acquired by Rolls-Royce in 1931, they introduced a new model, the 3.5-liter cars. These cars would go on to become known as Derby Bentleys, based on their production in the Derby, England factory. Against W.O. Bentley's will, these new 3.5 liter cars would shun the sporting reputation of the Bentley name in favor of a more Roll-Royce philosophy of quality and grace. They were originally fitted with a 3.5 liter straight 6 of Rolls-Royce origin but were hopped up a bit with the use of a sportier cam, higher compression ratio, and twin SU carburetors, making the engine good for roughly 110 horsepower. In 1936 the 3 1/2 liter was replaced by a 4 1/4 liter. In total 1234 4 1/4 liter cars were built and while a good majority of them were bodied by Park Ward, numerous coach builders sculpted elegant bodies to be placed on the Bentley chassis. The 4 1/4 liter was replaced in late 1939 by the MkV although some 4 1/4 liter chassis were still being bodied all the way into 1941.
The example on offer here, chassis B134HK and engine number E5BE, is a 1937 Bentley 4 1/4 liter bodied by Vesters and Neirinck. It is believed to be 1 of only 2 closed coupe versions bodied by the Belgium firm. It is a numbers matching example and has been under long-term ownership by a Dutch enthusiast. As it currently sits the car wears an older restoration and currently runs and drives but would benefit from minor improvements or a total restoration to restore the car to the glory it deserves. The car was originally owned by a Mr. Robinson who worked at a Rolls-Royce and Bentley importer in Brussels called Novarobel. It was his company car for a time and when he was given a new company car, he purchased B134HK for himself. He cherished the car for many years and kept good care of it until in 1960 when he was given yet another company car and determined that he could no longer hold onto the 4 1/4 liter at which point he sold the car to Mr. Klein Lankhorst of The Netherlands. The car has remained in the Lankhorst family since then. They have cherished the car and took good care of it.
Please visit www.LBILimited.com for many more photos and details. Worldwide shipping is available upon request. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook @LBILimited #claimyourclassic.
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts