We love an early Split Screen bus and are proud to offer this delightful example to the classic car market. Being a 1962 model, this is considered an early bus, which means that it has many desirable features that are sought after amongst collectors and enthusiasts. These include the iconic small rear window and tailgate, small round rear light units, flat wheel arches, ice pick cab door handles and the original full width front bench seat which is very often shamefully replaced for later style seating.
This bus has been subject to an enormous restoration and has covered approximately 690 miles since completion having been kept garaged since. The restoration involved stripping the bus back to reveal any areas of concern. This is of true importance as from the factory these buses had little to no rust protection as of course nobody knew at the time the true icon that they would become 50+ years later and as such there was no real importance to keep them roadworthy for decades to come. Any areas of rust found on this bus were replaced using brand new panels with no expense spared and the bus was then carefully primed and painted in stunning light pastel blue / cream and polished to a lovely finish. The underside was then carefully rust protected to ensure that the bus stays in its current condition for many decades to come, far better now than it would have been from the factory in 1962.
Mechanically, the bus had its old wiring removed and a brand new 12V wiring loom and fuse box installed. Electrical components have also been upgraded wherever necessary but without the need to replace rare and original parts. The mechanical system has been overhauled and the gearbox replaced with IRS (Independent Rear Suspension) to allow for more luxurious ride quality and a higher top end speed in 4th gear. The engine has also been upgraded to a fully reconditioned 1600 Twin Port unit which starts on the turn of a key and runs effortlessly with all new ancillaries. The bus is also running on a set of rare and original 15’’ steel wheels with brand new polished stainless hubcaps.
With all of the hard and time consuming restoration work completed, the exciting part of designing and building a completely bespoke interior for the bus began. This interior has been cleverly engineered specifically for this bus and features the following:
• Bespoke cabinet designed to cover the full width of the bulkhead with an extended section at the far end in order to house all required appliances. Lightwood veneered finish with Pastel blue laminate top to match the exterior of the bus and complete with retro Devon edging trim and black insert.
• Matching blue laminate fold up sections on both ends of cabinet for additional work top space. Very neat and stylish indeed.
• Vinyl Tile flooring in Wedgewood Blue & Ice secured with adhesive to 9mm hard ply under flooring.
• Matching overhead locker unit for additional lightweight storage.
• Bespoke matching blue laminate table shaped to look like a VW Split Screen. Complete with chrome pedestal and leg for easy attachment / detachment when required. Custom brackets on bed skirting board to house table leg.
• Full width custom Rock n’ Roll Bed. 3-Person Rear Seat that folds down to make a very large and comfortable double bed.
• Bed cushion set upholstered in wonderful and comfortable dark grey fabric.
• Waeco 12V / 240V Fridge
• Leisure Battery neatly in engine bay on opposite side to main battery clamped down securely.
• Split Charge Relay Kit (So both batteries charge up on their own whilst travelling)
• SMEV double gas burner unit
• SMEV large sink unit
• Propex Heating System. This is a gas internal heating system that alone can cost over £1,000 to supply and install.
• Plenty of cupboard and storage space
• Camping Gas bottle located underneath bed frame in custom container
• 240V Mains Hookup System with 13A socket and consumer unit.
This bus is truly stunning in every department and is ready to be driven away with the turn of a key. MOT and road tax fee exempt, however we can still supply the bus with a new 12 months MOT for peace of mind.
VW T4 trident campervan for sale auto-sleeper conversion May 2002 2.5TDI PAS. Berths 2+2. Mileage 63,0000mls in very good condition with full service history. Includes a porta potti bicycle rack, roof rack and an awning. Heater is fuelled by the fuel tank The van is very economical to run, I have achieved .....
A very good condition, Camper van with about $5500 in fairly recent engine rebuild and other mechanical restoration and service, as well as partial repaint to otherwise original paint Camper bus. Very solid clean straight body. Very nice original interior.
More Photos available soon!
Price (GBP)£:12,600 .....
VW T25 Transporter – Project Selling my beloved T25 Transporter Diesel very realisable and economical - Solid Engine Bought this Van to convert into Motor Home due to other project I will have to pass it over to the VW enthusiast who has time to complete the conversation or use it as a daily van I .....
Registered in Jersey from new, this RHD 1975 T2 Westfalia with tilt rood has been subject to a full restoration by Le Riche on behalf of a client during the period 2012 /2013, and has covered only 900 miles since completion. It is finished in the correct colours of white over beige, complimented by .....
Type 2 bay window camper owned past 16 years mot august 2017 full body restoration done 2008-2010 subaru engine 2.2 16 valve fitted 2010 by tsr engine conversions in suffolk van was featured in vw camper magazine march 2012 4 page spread heading scooby bay van has just had new ecu oil cooler changed .....
VW T25 Camper Van - First registered 01-03-1990
One previous owner
Selling my beloved T25 Camper Motor Home runs on LPG (very cheap about 45p a litre) and Petrol
very realisable and economical
This is a Motor Home fitted with Fridge – Hob and fitted Kitchen Units
The Motor Home has been re .....
This left-hand drive Kombi (possible origin Switzerland) is part converted. Consists of basic kombi, 1600cc Petrol, plus Electronic Ignition, additional (leisure) battery and dual charging.oil temperature gauge,refrigerator,gaz cylinder, cooker/grill,sink, bed, table,cupboards and workshop manual.Fitted .....
Full strip down, soda blasted, acid etch primer
Excellent condition inside & out
Show quality paint inside & out
New 1600 air cooled engine, twin carbs
All new chrome
New tyres, whitewall
New bumpers, lights & trim
New German seals all around. Best quality canvas
New exhaust, .....
A beautiful, rare, original UK spec, 1976, Pastel White RHD Bay Window DORMOBILE Type 2 Campervan.
This camper has had only 1 previous owner from new and is the very sought after Martin Walter "DORMOBILE" conversion with side elevating roof.
She is in absolutely amazing condition, rock solid underneath, .....