Very sad to let this car go; it has been a pleasure to drive and own the past few years. The body work is in excellent condition for its age, the V12 engine runs very smooth as does the auto gearbox and the interior definitely doesn’t show its age with the driver’s seat being only lightly worn (see pics). I used to drive it every day for about a year and it never missed a beat.
A true early 90s BMW classic, kept almost completely standard, including the original cross spoke alloy wheels.
It has electric front seats, mirrors and steering column of which the positions can be set to memory, cruise control, dual zone climate control (it is from the early 90’s however so don’t expect too much). It is MOTd till end of October.
Work I have done on it over the last 2 years:
- New rear suspension bushes,
- Replaced all the suspension dampers (oem bilstein fronts),
- Replaced front springs,
- Replaced the Auxiliary fan,
- Had the nose, bonnet and left wing re-sprayed (to get rid of stone chips),
- Replaced the front left FTP (old one was damaged),
- Stainless Powerflow exhaust from cat back (this is not loud I just decided stainless was a better option for the old girl and it does accentuate the lovely v12 burble a little)
- Full service including gearbox oil and filters and refreshed the pentosin & filter and brake fluid (professionally power bled) + regular engine oil changes,
- Replaced the hydraulic accumulator,
- Rebuilt the hydraulic brake servo (new seals),
- New brake pads (year ago),
- Replaced some worn parts in the sun roof and had it re-lined (old lining was missing when I bought it),
- 2 new batteries (only about 3 months ago),
- Lots of other small tidy up/maintenance jobs,
- Had the alignment checked (4 wheels).
Of course with a car of this age and mileage it’s not perfect; main down points:
- It discharges battery over about 3 or 4 weeks of not being used (needs to be trickle charged),
- There is an intermittent fault where the cluster decides not to work some times,
- Sunroof is not 100% working despite my best efforts but it does close,
- One small patch of rust.
Viewing is recommended; the car is at my brothers and he is happy to meet you at the nearest train station and show you round the car. Please note if you would like to test drive I would request you bring proof of fully comprehensive insurance with any car included (or leave deposit of full value).
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts