This car was first registered in July 1972 and is a genuine UK RHD car.
The car was completely rebuilt in 2001 with no expense spared and has since covered approximately 15,000 miles during which time it has been used in dry weather only and well maintained and still looks and drives superb a testament to how well the restoration was done.
The car is finished in Rover-MG British Racing Green.
During the restoration and subsequent maintenance works the car has had many sensible upgrades with a noticeable improvement in both handling and performance over a standard car.
• Fully balanced to race tolerances
• Cylinder head gas flowed and hardened exhaust seats fitted
• Rocker arms lightened/polished and fitting to a hardened rocker shaft
• Spin on oil filter conversion
• Electronic ignition
• Improved throttle linkage system
• Aluminium rocker cover
• Although not yet submitted to a rolling road there is a significant increase in smoothness of running,power output and a noticeable increase in torque
• CP Engine
• Bosch fuel pump conversion
• Upgraded seals in metering unit/unit rebuilt
• Fuel isolator valve and strainer
• All new fuel lines
• Halogen head light conversion
• Relays fitted to control various electrical circuits
• Overdrive switch in gear knob
• Fuel pump isolator switch
• Improved type brake light switch
• Koni adjustable front shock absorbers
• Koni telescopic rear shock absorber conversion
• Chassis strengthened around differential mounting
• Extra cross member across rear of chassis to add strength
• Polyurethane suspension bushes all round
• Chassis shot blasted primed and painted in epoxy marine grade paint
• Braided stainless steel hoses all round
• Uprated front brake discs and pads
• Electrical cooling fan
• Later ‘J’ series overdrive
• American spec doors with side impact bars
• Upholstery including seats, cockpit panels, dash board crash pads and boot front panel trimmed in 2 tone leather. Wool carpets.
• Hood and tonneau made for the car in green on black mohair
• Many under bonnet brackets made from stainless steel
• Original cardboard radiator cover replaced with one made from aluminium
• 15” Motolita wood rimmed steering wheel
The car will be fully serviced with 12 months MOT and can be viewed on a ramp (by prior appointment)
Ending a terrific line of models the TR6 finished production in 1975 and all subsequent models like the TR7 had unfortunately lost the Sixties feel and looks of the original TR range. So the TR6 was.....
TRIUMPH TR6 blue overdrive hard and soft tops genuine low mileage with history taxed and mot probably one of the best around. Selling now as downsizing Engine totally rebuilt by Enguiitity about 10.....