This truck was imported in 2015, it is UK registered with V5, I am the first and only UK owner. The 1956 Ford F-100 is the one year only model with its trade mark wrapped front screen and squared off doors.
I have spent a fortune on this truck, but have decided its time to move on, you never really finish these sort of projects, it's time for someone else to add their mark... You would not be able to buy and import a 56 F-100 in this condition, at this price, anymore. Mid-fifties Ford F-100 prices have rocketed recently due to global demand and a weakening £/$ rate, and the 56 is the most sought after model. I have a new project and not enough time and money to allow me to keep it, this is a running and very desirable truck.
I am sure I have missed things out, you are welcome to ask questions.
- Has a 302 cubic inch V8, with a C4 automatic 3 speed transmission, and 9 inch Ford rear end.
- Front end has a clip from a Plymouth Volare (installed by previous owner) with fully independent suspension, disc brakes and power steering. Had a new brake booster fitted along with a rear frame mounted fuel tank (early Mustang) just before it left the US in 2015.
- Engine runs strong, no leaks, fluids are all recently changed, sounds like it has a mild cam added but have not verified. Exhaust has been custom built to exit in front of rear wheels.
- Since being in the U.K. it’s had a brand new steering box, fully integrated (coil) HEI distributor, alternator, starter motor, plugs, leads etc.. All other new parts are listed accordingly.
- New front hubs, discs, wheel bearings and seals have recently been fitted, could do with wheel alignment, haven’t had time...
- The wiring has been completely renewed, including front, cab and tail harnesses. The 56 was the first year they switched production models from 6V to 12V but due to its age and earthing I decided it was easier to start again..... All of the lights work as they should, indicators, brake and interior. Aftermarket gauges compliment the original cluster; oil pressure, water temperature, ammeter and fuel. Brand new (loud) horn fitted too. Classic indicator switch was added too. Rear number plate has built in led lights in the bolts, so all legal.
- Hood has a front flip kit fitted, making access to the engine bay a doddle.
- Cab interior has been fully refitted, sound proofed, roof lined, carpeted; the bench seat and door cards have been refurbished and re-covered, plus a new 4 way speakers and sound system (integrated into the glove box) added. Brand new post and floor mounted seat belts add to the overall comfort and safety. Steering column tilts, column shift works ok, new Grant polished wood steering wheel adds to the classic interior look.
- Cab rear mounts have been replaced, all glass is all good, no scratches or cracks, all door felt and runners, front and rear screen rubbers are new. Windshield arms and wipers are new, passenger door lock (new) has been replaced and works. The underfloor mounted battery has a cut off switch (key type so it can be taken out) for added security.
- Pickup bed has brand new stainless steel strips with stainless steel nuts, bolts and fixings, new bed wood has all been stained and yacht varnished, new tailgate latches, the bed is dropped by approximately 2 inches - frame is original and uncut, further lowering is possible with c-notching if desired by its new owner.... Fuel tank cap is brand new billet aluminium flush and lockable. Tailgate opens and closes as it should with brand new robust latches inside the bed.
- Most of the chrome bright work is brand new, including; rear bumper, front grille, all hood emblems, door window surrounds, mirrors, tail and front side lights. Front bumper is not new but in good condition.
- All panels and most of the the cab and frame have been stripped and repainted, all bolts have been replaced with stainless steel upgrades, paintwork is not perfect but very presentable, the metallic grey is a Ford colour called "Midnight Skye".
- Wheels are 17 inch Center Line Warriors, tyres are all brand new.
The truck, because of its age, is free from road tax and MOT exempt. It is the buyers responsibility to ensure that the vehicle is safe and legal to drive on the UK roads, this is a condition of the sale. The truck is sold as seen, no refunds.
Couple of things that need attention; the speedo needs connecting, and the foot brake needs adjusting.
Please, no time wasters or dreamers, if you don't have either the funds or permission to buy this beauty, move on.... I am open to international buyers but I must have cleared funds, in my account and confirmed by my bank before the truck leaves my ownership.
Thanks for looking
This advert has now been removed through sale or otherwise, please see the list below for similar live adverts