Delivered new through Selwood Garages, Ford Main Dealer in May 1983, this Ford Capri 2.8 Injection is without question better than when new and comes with the following specification:
Matching numbers 2.8 Injection V6 Cologne engine, mated to 5 Speed manual transmission.
Black paintwork (code A9).
Recaro Interior finished in Shark Grey.
Original Ford AM/FM Radio Cassette.
Period Top tinted windscreen.
Tilt / Slide steel sunroof.
Original 13" Pepperpot alloy wheels.
Original Ford mudflaps.
In 2015 the Capri was purchased by a classic car enthusiast who set about entrusting the car with a specialist, commissioning a no expense spared approach to producing what we feel is the finest of its marque, with works including:
- Complete body strip down and photographic body restoration, followed by a two-pack (2k) respray in correct black followed by clear-coat lacquer. The paint finish is mirror glass smooth, with a reflection to match and is extended to the underside too which received the additional benefit of correct underbody anti-corrosion protection!
- All mechanical components stripped, checked for wear and either restored or replaced. The drive-train alone looks stunning, detailed correctly in every respect.
- Rocker Covers x2 stripped and powder-coated in correct factory grey.
- Radiator re-core and fan shroud stripped and powder-coated.
- Suspension fully stripped. Shock Absorbers uprated to SPAX, all bushes front / rear replaced and upgrade to Polyurethane, all new joints / bearings etc. All larger components painted / powder-coated.
- Rebuilt braking system including new disc / pads, calipers, brake master cylinder, servo etc.
- New OEM clutch.
- New fuel tank
- New Stainless Steel exhaust system.
- New tailgate gas struts.
- All fuel lines, brake lines, hoses replaced.
- All new nuts, bolts, fittings throughout, being either zinc or sherardised finished.
- All new window rubbers, sunroof seal.
- 13" 'Pepperpot' alloys stripped and refurbished and fitted with new tyres.
- Interior completely stripped, new carpets, seat covers, roof lining all specialist sourced and correct to factory spec.
- New 2.8 injection decals as per factory.
With a level of detail, bordering on compulsive this car will not disappoint any way! Walking around the car, its as if the she has been stored away in a secret, hidden out of sight since 1983. The doors open with a reassuring 'click' on the handle and nestling into the figure hugging Shark Grey Recaro seats, any enthusiast will have goose-pimples as the 2.8 litre injection V6 Cologne engine bursts into life and settles into its perfect idle. Depressing the clutch and engaging first gear of this early production 5 speed and with a few revs applied the car pulls away smoothly. Each gear change and squeeze of the throttle presses the occupants firmly into the Recaro seats, the drive-train is just wonderful, suspension firm, brakes reassuring and the exhaust note....a V6 vocal delight!
Devoid of any 'add-ons' this Capri is just as you would hope it be, the standard Ford Radio/Cassette, the perfect parcel shelf, the blemish free 'Pepperpots' with correct black wheel bolts, 'Capri' petrol cap, the 'Motorcraft' battery, factory correct decals the list goes on. With such an unbelievable attention to detail this Capri looks stunning, drives wonderfully and would happily see its place in any classic car / Ford enthusiasts collection, we simply don't think there's a finer example available.
This stunning Capri was first registered on 15th September 1981 and has been owned by the vendor since 28th January 1991. Throughout his ownership the Capri has been restored and upgraded to the magnificent.....
I OWNER FROM NEW WITH 57000 MILES RECORDED,CONCOURSE THROUGHT OUT WITHOUT ANY DOUBT,THIS CAR HAS BEEN IN OUR PERSONAL COLLECTION FOR OVER 11 YEARS, WE FULLY RESTORED THIS CAR BACK THEN WITH A FULL.....