Delivered new through Selwood Garages, Ford Main Dealer in May 1983, this Ford Capri 2.8 Injection is without question better than when new and comes with the following specification:
Matching numbers 2.8 Injection V6 Cologne engine, mated to 5 Speed manual transmission.
Black paintwork (code A9).
Recaro Interior finished in Shark Grey.
Original Ford AM/FM Radio Cassette.
Period Top tinted windscreen.
Tilt / Slide steel sunroof.
Original 13" Pepperpot alloy wheels.
Original Ford mudflaps.
In 2015 the Capri was purchased by a classic car enthusiast who set about entrusting the car with a specialist, commissioning a no expense spared approach to producing what we feel is the finest of its marque, with works including:
- Complete body strip down and photographic body restoration, followed by a two-pack (2k) respray in correct black followed by clear-coat lacquer. The paint finish is mirror glass smooth, with a reflection to match and is extended to the underside too which received the additional benefit of correct underbody anti-corrosion protection!
- All mechanical components stripped, checked for wear and either restored or replaced. The drive-train alone looks stunning, detailed correctly in every respect.
- Rocker Covers x2 stripped and powder-coated in correct factory grey.
- Radiator re-core and fan shroud stripped and powder-coated.
- Suspension fully stripped. Shock Absorbers uprated to SPAX, all bushes front / rear replaced and upgrade to Polyurethane, all new joints / bearings etc. All larger components painted / powder-coated.
- Rebuilt braking system including new disc / pads, calipers, brake master cylinder, servo etc.
- New OEM clutch.
- New fuel tank
- New Stainless Steel exhaust system.
- New tailgate gas struts.
- All fuel lines, brake lines, hoses replaced.
- All new nuts, bolts, fittings throughout, being either zinc or sherardised finished.
- All new window rubbers, sunroof seal.
- 13" 'Pepperpot' alloys stripped and refurbished and fitted with new tyres.
- Interior completely stripped, new carpets, seat covers, roof lining all specialist sourced and correct to factory spec.
- New 2.8 injection decals as per factory.
With a level of detail, bordering on compulsive this car will not disappoint any way! Walking around the car, its as if the she has been stored away in a secret, hidden out of sight since 1983. The doors open with a reassuring 'click' on the handle and nestling into the figure hugging Shark Grey Recaro seats, any enthusiast will have goose-pimples as the 2.8 litre injection V6 Cologne engine bursts into life and settles into its perfect idle. Depressing the clutch and engaging first gear of this early production 5 speed and with a few revs applied the car pulls away smoothly. Each gear change and squeeze of the throttle presses the occupants firmly into the Recaro seats, the drive-train is just wonderful, suspension firm, brakes reassuring and the exhaust note....a V6 vocal delight!
Devoid of any 'add-ons' this Capri is just as you would hope it be, the standard Ford Radio/Cassette, the perfect parcel shelf, the blemish free 'Pepperpots' with correct black wheel bolts, 'Capri' petrol cap, the 'Motorcraft' battery, factory correct decals the list goes on. With such an unbelievable attention to detail this Capri looks stunning, drives wonderfully and would happily see its place in any classic car / Ford enthusiasts collection, we simply don't think there's a finer example available.
We are the one of the UK's most proactive dealers in classic Fords and other interesting cars.
We are always looking to buy more cars for stock
From Barn finds to Concours Show Winners
We really do pay the best prices
Instant payments & collection, from polite, knowledgable fellow car enthusiats .....
Photographic history of rebuild.
Complete engine rebuild with all new parts and head converted to unleaded.
New clutch and machined flywheel.
NOS exhaust, new copper break pipes.
New tyres x5, and restored wheels.
New rear brakes, shoes, pistons, rubbers and cables.
New front struts and springs.
Here is for sale a Ford Capri Mk2 1600 XL of 1976.
The first registration was in the Netherlands, but the car is in Portugal since 1985.
The car is in overall very good condition. Is part of a portuguese movie that will be released on the 18th january - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdHgKeLJNaE
Trinity Car Solutions are renowned for finding the very best, original cars whatever the badge, but here we are extremely proud to offer for sale, from our directors own personal collection, a Ford Capri 2.8 injection, with only ONE owner from new.
This car was bought from the North East main dealer .....
Originaler 1972er Ford Capri Perana
Der heilige Gral aller Capri's
Ford Mustang 302 ci ( 5 liter ! ) V-8, nicht mal 500 gebaute Exemplare, nur in Sudafrika zum verkauf, und dieser hier ist die extrem rare automatik Variante.
Alle originalen Peranaumbauteile sind in diesem Fahrzeug vereint - .....
Entered at Coy's Of London auction Feb 16/17 2019 - London ExCel Centre
This Capri is one of a kind. Unique car. No other like it in the world. Priced at £44000
It was built for a TV series called Goblin Works Garage. It was sponsored by Quest and Discovery Channel.
First appeared on TV in .....
Ford Capri 2.8 Ghia 1976 60k one owner this is a blue plate California car LHD in lovely condition with black paint work and beige velour interior all original apart from upgraded 15 inch alloy wheels 2.8 engine auto gearbox assortment of spares on the boat will be here in approx 4 weeks lots of .....
Ford Racing Capri 1969
engine 2996cc V6 Cologne
Body kit "Le Mans"
Big carb weber
Spanish Technical Pass Group CD Class 13
FFSA Technical Passport
Saloon Car Pass
Vehicle ready to run
Painting and electricity to see
Very good time at the Le Mans circuit
This is one interesting Capri
It generates interesting discussion wherever it goes or is seen.
The car is one of 8 Jeff Uren Stampede built and the only one produced on a Mk2 platform. The car has the original 1970 G code Boss 302 which has zero miles since a fully documented rebuild in 2017. .....