MG TD from 1951 with matching numbers in the rare original color "Clipper Blue" with brown leather upholstery and hood. This was restored body off 14 years ago in the USA and then drove about 650 km and was then stored in a private museum.
The owner died of this.
All cars were then sold by the notary from a trust. The MG is one of them.
• Remove engine i.v. oil leakage and equipped with modified seals (see photos) and new gaskets.
• All fluids renewed incl. Filter and new spark plugs and caps.
• Carburettor overhauled (needles corks, rings)
• Fuel pump and filter renewed.
• Radiator with heavier cooling block and new tap.
• Water pump incl. Hoses renewed and provided with original clamps.
• Brakes cleaned and adjusted.
• New battery.
• Check all electrics and meters and provide the car with indicators.
• There was a vinyl cap and side windows on these have been replaced for a new original fabric hood and short tonneau, there is also a used long tonneau in good condition.
• Sheet metal, chassis, woodwork, lacquer, rubbers, leather upholstery and carpeting are in perfect condition.
• There is no Dutch license plate but this may not be a problem because of the above.
• The costs for import have been paid. Papers are present.
• In consultation, the MG can be provided with a Dutch license plate, for export the US dollar suffices.
We invite you to come and see the car and we can assist you with export and transport for you, if desired.
Would you like more information or would you like to visit us, make an appointment with Hans.
I am only selling because I have completed a MGTC project although I realize it would be very difficult to replace but I have a full garage and find it difficult to use both cars to top potential have decided to move on!!
This was a frame off restoration to a high standard-and as original as possible
1951 MG TD Roadster
..Car Is Like New
..8 Miles on/
..Frame Off Restoration
..Left Hand Drive
..Tan Soft Top
..Tan Leather Interior
..Asking $39,500 USD
..Make An Offer
..Call Rod: 001-712-767-2363
..Mobile Phone: 402-651-5521 USA
History of the 1950-1953 MG TD
MG’s TC roadster sold well initially and proved American demand for an English sports car, but the car’s right-hand-drive configuration and 1930s specifications meant it was ripe for a redesign by 1950. In response, Syd Enever and Alec Hounslow took two weeks in 1949 .....
1952 MG TD
Beautiful MG TD in great condition. The car has no mechanical or cosmetic issues and can be driven and enjoyed as is for many years to come. The car has a few desirable upgrades, including wire-wheels and chrome headlights. This is car delivers a pure 1940s / early 1950s British driving .....
Nice MG TD originally from America and since 1998 in the Netherlands and runs and drives well and rustfree and complete with: White wall tires, Tonneau cover , Softop and has matching numbers. Price € 18.950
Beautiful MG TD in Ivory white with beautiful red leather interior. Restored with great attention to detail. Both exterior and Interior as technical in very good condition, the TD runs great!
The condition of the body is Rust free, very tight and good applications. Complete with tonneau cover, soft .....
This superb driving MG TD has recently had £6,000 spent on mechanical work to include a full gearbox rebuild, brand new clutch, new headlights, new rear brake shoes, two front brake hoses, new rear axle oil seals, new timing cover gasket and seals and new sump gasket. The front end of the engine was .....
En 1949, le président de MG et ses administrateurs débattaient au sujet de la MG TC, « une charmante petite voiture, disaient-ils, mais quelque peu rudimentaire, passée de mode et peu confortable pour ses occupants. »
La question était de savoir si MG pouvait lui offrir un successeur plus .....
VERY solid, all Original, complete, good running/driving MG TD. Comes with a brand new convertible top. Imported in Europe, but all duties are paid for.
Chassis no.:TD21664. Several other MG TD's are also for sale in the Stolze collection.
Take a look at our website www.stolzeclassiccars.nl for .....