* Here we present, *A rare, UK-supplied, right-hand drive, 4.7-litre Indy with Borg-Warner automatic transmission, *One of around 29 RHD vehicles with Automatic transmission and showing some 48,500 miles *Extensively restored between 2013 to 2016, fully detailed in the history file with expenditure in excess of £23,000, *The dramatic Vignale coachwork is complemented by the Nautilus Blue paintwork and tan leather interior, *Purchased in 2012 by one of the most influential figures in 21st century British culture, *Attractively and competitively guided considering this Italian Grand Tourer's rarity and desirability,*******Last serviced on 05/02/2019 at 48,453 miles, Service history, Tyre condition Excellent, Adjustable Steering wheel, Leather seats, Alloy wheels, Electric windows, Immobiliser, Alarm, Power steering, Air conditioning, Radio Cassette, heated rear window, 4 Michelen Tyres Almost New ******Vehicle inspection Prior to Sale with a minimum of 6 months Comprehensive Warranty with option to extend we can also provide competitive and flexible finance options. first to see vehicle will not hesitate to buy. Part/Exchange welcome. For any further information please call Gary 01763-260818 Day or Eve, 6 months warranty,
Named to commemorate Maserati's two victories at the Indianapolis 500, the Maserati Indy (Tipo 116) first appeared in 1968, at the Salone dell'Automobile di Torino as a prototype by Carrozzeria Vignale. The production model was launched by Maserati at the Geneva Motor Show the following March as a comfortable four-seat Grand Tourer with good luggage space and a top speed in excess of 150 mph. For the 1970-72 model years, the Indy was offered with a 4.7-litre, 290bhp, V8 engine, fitted with power steering and air conditioning as standard, with the intention of capturing the US market and these later cars were billed as the "America".
Maserati was a low-volume manufacturer and Indys were only made to order. With only 1,136 cars being built in all forms. It's believed that less than fifty 4.7 Americas were produced in right-hand drive for the UK market, making this grand tourer a rare car. First registered on the 16th August 1971, this very smart Indy was delivered with the smooth 3-Speed Borg Warner automatic gearbox, power steering, and the well-appointed leather interior was fitted with air conditioning..
the car was treated to a sympathetic but through mechanical restoration. Briefly, the sheaf of receipts on file show a new exhaust, attention to the engine, gearbox, electrics, leather interior when the mechanical work was finished, the Maserati was refinished in a sophisticated shade of Nautilus Blue. The bills on file, copies of which can be emailed to any prospective purchaser, amount to some £23,000. The odometer showed 48,362 miles at the time of consignment
To conclude, therefore, the Indy has always offered style and pace and the work of Carrozzeria Vignale has stood the test of time well. Offered at a competitive guide price compared to its early 1970's contemporaries such as the Aston Martin DBS, Ferrari 365 GTC, and Lamborghini Espada, this lovely Maserati, from celebrity ownership, represents a rare opportunity.
Maserati Indy 4700 America for sale
very good mostly original condition
beautiful colour combination
year 1972, 46340 km on the odometer, LHD, 290 HP
European delivery, known history
More info under
- First delivered to Switzerland / Bienne
- VIN: AM 116-47-890
- Imported to Germany in 2009
- Part of a Maserati collection since 2009
- Solid rust free bodywork
- Paintwork in original color renewed appr. 15 years ago
- All floorpans and sills renewed in Germany
- Fully leather Interieur in .....
1971 Maserati Indy 5-Speed
This 1971 Maserati Indy is an extremely desirable 5-Speed manual example with matching numbers. Very attractive blue with black leather interior and only 55k miles. It has only two small rust bubble spots on the drivers door and rear quarter. It is otherwise very solid .....
imported from Italy in 2012.
In regular use for Classic car events and citytrips. A real headturner, with a great thumbs-up character. Beautiful 70’s Giugaro design, with a bulletproof and powerful Italian V8, with matching sound-track. Comes .....
Nice car. with great color and patina
recently bought by owner and had it painted back in original color.
drives and shifts gear ok
service done; fluids / plugs etc...
steering wheel restored
rear seats re-trimmed
wheels painted silver
Vintage and Prestige are proud to offer this 1972 Maserati Indy 2+2 4900 Coupé by Carrozzeria Vignale For Sale.
Chassis no: A1M116/49.1708
Maserati followed up its stunning, Ghia-styled Ghibli two-seater with the equally elegant Indy 2+2, though the .....
The Maserati Indy, penned by Giovanni Michelotti as a substitute for the ageing Sebring, was a four-seater alternative to the marque’s signature sportscar without indulging in the weight and handling sacrifices of the Quattroporte.
This particular car is a 4.7-litre variant, one of 364 built. Finished .....
Maserati Indy 4.2, 1971, manual gearbox, red metallic (rosso rubio) with white leather interior and red carpet. This car was imported to the Netherlands in 1975 and had only one owner from 1975 untill 2014.
Since 2014 in the hands of the second Dutch owner, who had it given a bare .....
The Maserati Indy offers tantalizing high performance Italian motoring, cool contemporary style and exclusivity and is ranked as one of the all Time great cars of the seventies. A new and fresh design by the famous Alfredo Vignale, the sleek lines still offer practical space for four with extremely .....
The Maserati Indy was one of the fastest and most powerful Grand Tourers of its time. It was styled by Vignale as a practical four-seater with a generous luggage compartment and showed to the public for the first time at the Turin Motor Show in 1968. Fitted with the Maserati 450S racecar derived V8 .....